Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup Window when moving Entire Folders into other Folders

Popup Window when moving Entire Folders into other Folders

When moving files from one folder to another, Vault automatically takes you to that folder and shows you the files, but when scrolling along the projects files box, sometimes an entire folder is grabbed and moved into another folder without meaning to.  Vault does not go into the new folder, and then I have to sit and search for which folder I moved and where I moved it to.  If there could be at least a popup saying "Do you really want to move this (folder name) into (folder name)?" It would be really helpful to not misplace entire folders within Vault. 

VaultFolderIdea.JPG

6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be helpful!  A popup window or an undo button.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, an "undo" button for Vault would be amazing!

Tim_Kreutzer
Advocate

Try Navigating to Tools -> Options -> Prompts and enabeling the prompt for moving via drag and drop. I don't know exactly what it is called but it should roughly be in the middle of the list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't know that option was there! I looked on some forums and asked some people, and couldn't find a solution, so I posted as an idea. Thank you that did work.

Tim_Kreutzer
Advocate

It is the only prompt which is disabled by default. I strongly encourage everybody to enable it 😉

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This has been implemented with Autodesk Vault 2016 version.

Younes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report