Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Queue limited to 1000 Jobs

Job Queue limited to 1000 Jobs

Hi,

a possibility to enlarge the limited 1000 Jobs (e.g. as for search results) would be great!

We have a lot of important standard-jobs (e.g. ERP-Interface, drawing Export for purchsing department),

that I can not see anymore (wheter if they are in the Queue, nor if the resulted with error),

we cannot see anymore if we e.g. generate thousands of dwf simultaneously.

Or the filterfunktion works for the whole Queue entries not only for the shown 1000.

12 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good idea for Admins very useful, espacially wehn ERP or other Jobs are used.
gilsdorf_e
Collaborator

I'm curious:

In the past I several times suspected perfomance in Vault suffered dramatically when the number of jobs in the queue exceeded like 200 entries. As you have this scenario frequently: Do you think the same way or is it just me / our vault?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Our experience is that you have this issue when the SQL and IIS runs under heavy load.
So especially if the Jobserver and Vault Server installed at the same machine.
We have often the case that the jobs in queue exceed the number of 1000 elements.
Regards

There's not even a filter we can apply (to then search by type of job submitted, or type of error, etc), and when trying to fudge with the useless "Group by Box" and "Group by this Field" functions I ended up having to reset the view for the window...

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk

A question to all of you since we are looking into this issue

- What is the estimate maximum number of jobs in your queue at a time?

This will help us to set the maximum limit - if needed. Thanks

Hi!
If we do a mass job (export pdf of drawings, ... ) we do packages of 10.000 jobs in the Queue.
If we could handle more (better filtering/viewing of jobs), we would do more.

Hi!

If we do a mass job (export pdf of drawings, … ) we do packages of 10.000 jobs in the Queue.

If we could handle more (better filtering/viewing of jobs), we would do more.

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk

@MarkusGreifeneder3360  Thanks. Another question. Do you want to see all the jobs in one go?

Also, Even today you can filter them. But only on the 1000 jobs.

Yes, I can filter now. But the filter only filters the "first" 1000 files.

If the filter could work on all the existing jobs this would be a good improvement.

And it would also be great to be possible to see all the jobs (equal to ordinary Vault-File-Search, where i see 1000 searchresults, but I can say "More" until I see all)

limin.chung
Autodesk

Hi, 

Some possible solutions for this idea are currently under discussion on the NDA based Vault Feedback/Beta forums. If you would like to contribute/validate then please apply for access using this link:

Thanks,

Limin

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Implemented

This is implemented in Vault 2021. For more info on Vault 2021 What's new please refer this page - What's New in Vault 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report