Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implement Additional Vault Gateway Regions in Bangalore, Tokyo & Sydney

Implement Additional Vault Gateway Regions in Bangalore, Tokyo & Sydney

I've been testing Vault Gateway between our offices in New Zealand, and our cloud-based server in Sydney, Australia

I found the performance was four times slower than going directly to the server

I asked what factors affected the speed of Vault Gateway, and received this answer

"You performance is directly affected by the distance between you, your chosen VG Region, and your Vault Server.
Best case scenario: you, VG Region, and your Vault Server are geographically close.
Worst case scenario: you, VG Region, and your Vault Server are separated by oceans."

Looking at the locations of the existing VG Regions, they are in West Virginia, USA and Dublin, Ireland (presumably to serve mainland USA & Europe respectively

Assuming from the above that they provide "reasonable performance" over an area with a radius of 4500km, we get this coverage (the shaded area)

Nick_Hall_0-1650505497239.png

This means that large numbers of potential users in Asia & Oceania won't get "reasonable performance", unless additional regions are brought online

Looking at the gaps in coverage, the logical places to implement new regions would be Bangalore (India), Tokyo (Japan)  & Sydney (Australia)

Nick_Hall_2-1650506024959.png

This should result in the coverage shown above, in terms of "reasonable performance", serving the main tech centres of Asia & Oceania

5 Comments
olegd.prod
Autodesk

I gotta say, the maps are a nice touch !! 😄

If I could vote for these, you'd get two thumbs up from me just for the thorough approach and for covering a little bit of Antarctica

uffe-bak
Enthusiast

I would like to second Nick's suggestion (and good to see your name again!)
At GEA we cover almost the same regions as the ones Nick points out, but we would also like to add South America and Southern Africa, to cover our presence in those regions.
Best regards
Uffe Bak
GEA Process Engineering

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in Vault 2024.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report