Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECO: multiple groups of Approvers

ECO: multiple groups of Approvers

The ability to create different groups of Approvers would be welcomed. Currently, all ECOs need to be approved by someone with an Approver Role, usually somone from Quality or Development Management. However, for some products, an approval from Quality and Development Management is required. In an ideal situation: when an ECO contains products with certain properties, there should be a routing configured where both someone from Quality Management (group: ApproverA) and someone from Product Management (group: ApproverB) needs to approve. Solution: let us define Approver Groups/Roles. Thank you!

4 Comments
cbenner
Mentor

If I was reading your original forum post correctly, I think what you're saying is that you don't want to have to name a specific person from each of those groups, on each ECO, and then require unanimous approval... rather, you would like to be able to have ANYONE from each of those groups jump in and approve the ECO?... as long as they were on the list of available approvers?  SO you might have 3 or 4 from one team, and 3 or 4 from the other, defined in your routings.... and one of each needs to approve the change order.  Is this right?

In general, I would say that a more flexible approval workflow might help this.

I'm trying to clarify for the product team, so they know exactly what you're looking for.

Thanks!

Toon.Broothaerts
Advocate

Yes, Cris, exactly! Attached, you will find a sketch of desired situation. Where first someone from Development has to Approve, and afterwards someone from Quality has to Approve.

ECO_multiple_Approver_groups.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be much better if the entire echo frame were fully customizable and not having to cycle that unique frame, a more flexible (customizable) approval workflow could help.

Hi All,

I know this is a few years old at this stage, but I am having the same issue after newly installing Vault. Has this solution been fixed? 

Thanks a lot

James

@Toon.Broothaerts @cbenner 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report