Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Options or Variants

BOM Options or Variants

Issue: We have a need for a single BOM to represent multiple options or variations for an equipment assembly.

Currently, we would have to create complete and individual Inventor models for all possible combinations to produce complete and individual BOMs in Vault Professional. In the attached example,  this means creating 28 Inventor models and 28 corresponding BOMs to represent a single equipment Assembly with 3 levels of options.

8 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wholeheartedly support this enhancement.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

v.dobreaA3C4X
Advocate

Is this intended to be used just with BOM structure from Inventor or you whant to use Items in Vault?

K.Grandstaff
Participant
I would like to be able to use the ITEMs in Vault to create BOM variants for different equipment configurations for different plants globally.
Modeling every possible configuration of equipment and revising/editing every configuration is unfeasible in Inventor and would be a book keeping nightmare.
v.dobreaA3C4X
Advocate

@K.Grandstaff did you consider making the step to custom library where you can pubish the assembly with all its components? Once inside the library will be more easy to manage all the variations.

YounesYammouri
Community Manager

@K.Grandstaff  Inventor 2022 introduced Model State and Vault 2022 supports such capabilities from Item BOM perspective allowing for BOM variants based on Model State. Means the same Inventor design can be assigned to several Items and with that have different BOMs. Will this helps with your workflow?

https://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2022/ENU/?guid=GUID-A6C34246-4C97-4EC9-B3CD-79B4DCB68A52

bruce.nyfeler
Advocate

How it works when you use Article number and Model State?
As far as I know, you can not use Model State for variants, if you work with article number.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report