Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrator Password Reset

Administrator Password Reset

Problem:

Administrators come and go from companies and they may hold the password for the Vault administrators account. When they leave a company, the password is lost and no one is able to log in with the administrators account.  We would like to be able to reset the administrators account password so that Vault can be configured as needed. Today there is no tool available to reset the password without call product support.

3 Comments
mark.cloyed
Collaborator

I have used the tool from Autodesk support successfully in the past.  It would be nice to have the functionality included somewhere in the server installation, such as in an ADMS command line action.  This would keep the users from having access to the tool.  I can see justification for requiring Autodesk support's involvement, but as staffing has changed, it continues to put additional stress on that group.  One would need to consider how a tool more readily available might be used maliciously, but I feel that keeping it isolated to the server makes for a minimal risk.

Thanks,
Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had this need in the past.  We had to run for a couple years without being able to log in as the administrator because the one who set up the password originally had misplaced it.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Tool is available here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report