Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Vault for Government clients and security assurance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rishi_shahAPMA4
213 Views, 3 Replies

Use of Vault for Government clients and security assurance

Does Autodesk Vault have any formal security assurance for use by Governments? I could not find anything on the Autodesk website about security assurance .

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: rishi_shahAPMA4

they have this trust center: https://www.autodesk.com/trust/overview

is there something specific your looking for?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 4

I think I remember someone who works/worked in a company that does lots of gov contracts...
@brent_e_barbour, if you are out there, maybe you can share your experience?

Message 4 of 4

I cannot speak about Vault's protection against cyber terrorism because we use Vault Professional on a government network that's isolated from the internet.  It works great.  However, some of our clients use the Autodesk ID license because there's no need for them to have the much more expensive network licenses since they are dedicated stand-alone licenses.  This requires those computers to disconnect to the government network in order to connect to the internet and reregister with Autodesk once a month.  It's a pain in the butt and I wish Autodesk would offer the stand-alone serialized authentication again like they once did, but it's doable.  If you're running Vault Office, or the very expensive Multi-User network Vault licenses, or are connected to the internet all the time, this isn't a problem.  I can also tell you that one of the labs we work with on the NavAir base are also using Vault Professional and I believe they are connected to the internet.  I believe Vault is very secure.  The data stored on the hard drive is encrypted and can't be accessed or stolen from the hard drive without granted password protected user access through the Vault gateway.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report