Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass PNG Thumbnail Export for all Vault files?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
davis.j
483 Views, 6 Replies

Mass PNG Thumbnail Export for all Vault files?

I am looking for a solution to look at all files in a vault folder and export a png if it is a iam or ipt. (Inventor)

It would go through all sub folders within the selected folder. The location for the pngs could all go into one folder. No need to sort and clone the original folder structure.

There is a semi decent way of doing it though Inventor Ilogic but it is cumbersome.

Batch Export Images 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BDCollett
in reply to: davis.j

I know with CoolOrange powerJobs you can have it export images. That might be a solution.

Message 3 of 7

do not know if my info is right .. but the problem is that the thumbnail is not an picture ...  but an DWF file that vault create thouhg check it or the job process server (believe it call).  our PTA in the firm I work for want the same Function .. so I will try to find a way to somthing like what you want .. If i found it ... I let you know

Message 4 of 7

The only historical resource that I could find that was published here:

Vault and PowerShell programming - part 3 - Modular App Development, Thumbnail Extract

I'd imagine that method doesn't work anymore or is obsolete.

I may have to just use a modified illogic rule as the thumbnails would have to be white background (For clarity) and my organization doesn't all use the same theme on Inventor. So then each file would have to be reopened, make a local edit to change the background to white, snap the new thumbnail, then export the PNG and then go to the next component.

Message 5 of 7
Ced495

Hi, I am basically having the same need to extract PNG files to forward them to a ERP system. Did you find any solution or info for a suitable iLogic macro? The link you mentioned leads to a 404 error now.
Message 6 of 7
davis.j
in reply to: Ced495

My code modification of this solution is currently in an unstable state:

Follow the convo here:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ilogic-and-vb-net-forum/batch-export-images-with-transparent...

Message 7 of 7
Ced495

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report