Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State field

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Cosmin_V
163 Views, 7 Replies

State field

Hi everyone,

Can somebody help me?

Why the State field in Vault it is not populated with the actual state? it is empty!

Cosmin_V_0-1674730310803.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jorgen.bjornes
in reply to: Cosmin_V

Your vault is probably not set up to control files by a lifecycle. Therefore no lifecycle state is applied to the file.

Message 3 of 8
jorgen.bjornes

I suggest to check out these links to learn more:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/EN...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/EN...

It might also be a good idea to contact your reseller to get help setting this up properly to suit your workflow.

Message 4 of 8
Cosmin_V
in reply to: jorgen.bjornes

Thank you @jorgen.bjornes for your answer, but the problem is not how to change the state, but why I can't see the state of each object in the STATE field in Project Explorer Window

Message 5 of 8
jorgen.bjornes

OK, so does the state show for other files? 

I still believe these files do not HAVE a state, maybe because they are old? (checked in before categories/lifecycles was implemented).

If you turn on the property grid, and select the file. Do they have a lifecycle and state there?

If you HAVE lifecycles set up in your vault, you can change the lifecycle on these files by changing the category to the appropriate category so they will be controlled by your lifecycle.

Message 6 of 8
Cosmin_V

The state it is empty to all files we have in Vault!

In to the property grid it is empty to!

Message 7 of 8
jorgen.bjornes

Then it seems Categories/Lifecycles/rules are not configured in your vault, and I refer back to the links/recommendations in my first reply.

Message 8 of 8
gandhey

Hi @Cosmin_V ,

Yes, please refer to the documentation links provided by @jorgen.bjornes .

Very likely Category of your files donot have any lifecycle definition set as default. So you are not getting any lifecycle state on your files.

Assign a Lifecycle to a Category | Vault Products 2020 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Regards,

Yogeshwar

(Vault team)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report