Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping attributes from blocks in dxf files

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tmarGT3FM
100 Views, 2 Replies

Mapping attributes from blocks in dxf files

Hi,

I have a problem with indexing block attributes to Vault from DXF files. I have had this working before in Vault Pro 2020, but now in Vault Pro 2021.1 it is not working.

Block indexing is working perfectly for dwg files, but stopped working on DXF files. I know it has been working as I have thousands of dxf files with indexed attributes, but at a point when we upgraded to 2021.1 it stopped working and when I try to set up mapping it only finds 4 basic file information and none of the attributes in the file.

The dxf files are categorized as Other CAD format and provider is now Other Files in Vault, while dwg files has AutoCAD as provider. I don't know if this changed at some point.

I have had our local supplier look into it as well and they cant make it work in 2021 or 2022 Vault Pro so I have to reach out here.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ihayesjr
in reply to: tmarGT3FM

@tmarGT3FM 

It is interesting that you have gotten this to work in the past. We have never supported indexing DXF block attributes. We have only supported indexing DWG block attributes.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 3
tmarGT3FM
in reply to: ihayesjr

Hi,

Yes that is interesting. I know it is possible to edit properties on the dxf files in Vault and they will retain this information in Vault but it will not cross over to the file. 

The reason we have this is for cutter files to be identifiable in other ways than just a file name and when they create these files in AutoCAD, they add an invisible block to carry the information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report