Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Virtual Components visible thru Autodesk Viewer (Thin Client and Vault Pro Client)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rik_pfau
169 Views, 3 Replies

Make Virtual Components visible thru Autodesk Viewer (Thin Client and Vault Pro Client)

When we're finished with a file, it gets checked in, the Job Processor publishes a DWF, which we can view thru Thin Client. However, Virtual Components are not displayed in the Autodesk Viewer thru the Thin Client (or thru the Vault Pro interface). The Virtual component IS visible when the DWF is viewed with Design Review, so we know it's in there...

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ihayesjr
in reply to: rik_pfau

@rik_pfau 

Virtual components don't have a graphical representation. 

Can you share a DWF that has a virtual component?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 4
rik_pfau

Hi, Irvin, it won't let me attach a DWF. I can email it to you, or is there a general share area on the forums?

In this case, we're using a virtual component as an assembly note. I understand that's not ideal, but it's the example I have at the moment.

Here are three screenshots. First is the Inventor IAM, showing the Virtual Component: BELT TENSION, in the browser. Next is the browser of that file in Design Review, a Job Processor generated DWF of that IAM. The BELT TENSION Virtual Component shows up in the browser, as well.

The Virtual Component does NOT show up when viewed with the Autodesk Viewer, either thru the View Tab of Vault Pro, or thru the Thin Client. (Third screenshot, arrow pointing to where it should be). A search in the model browser does not find it, either.

rikpfau_2-1696434814110.png

rikpfau_1-1696434774474.png

rikpfau_3-1696435240766.png

Message 4 of 4
ihayesjr

This issue is being looked at by the Inventor team.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report