Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message by Autodesk Vault Data Standard when saving Inventor Frame Generator generated Parts in 2025

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ClKöster
179 Views, 3 Replies

Error Message by Autodesk Vault Data Standard when saving Inventor Frame Generator generated Parts in 2025

Hi everyone,

I found a confusing tidbit of code behaviour in DataStandard when collaborating with the Inventor 2025 Frame Generator.

So I use FrameGen to generate two parts, then save the whole business an get this error message:

ClKster_0-1722932687226.png

So, I had a look at the code. It's in the CAD-Folder, so nothing customer specific (I deactivated CAD.Custom for testing purposes here, running only ADSK DataStandard) and it seems this part of the code in the Default.ps1 is not even specifically tailored to the FrameGen but a part that as a general rule seems to be working just fine. Until it hits the FrameGen and couses trouble. 

After the message, the DataStandard dialog even comes up and I can save an check in just fine. Sooo - does anyone have an idea what to do about this message? Anyone having the same trouble? I found nothing on the 'Known issues'-List of Vault 2025, so I thought I'd ask.

@Markus.Koechl- maybe you already have insights on this?

Thanks in advance,

Claudia

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gandhey
in reply to: ClKöster

Hello @ClKöster ,

That is an old known issue and is seen only first time for Data standard save operation.

Regards,

Yogeshwar

(Vault team) 

Message 3 of 4
Markus.Koechl
in reply to: ClKöster

Adding more details to close this thread as resolved: Vault 2025 Update 1 (and 2024.3.1) resolved the issue. However, the Blogpost Vault Data Standard 2025 - What's New - Under the Hood - All things PDM and PLM (autodesk.com) included detailed reasons and instructions on resolving before Update 1.

Markus Koechl

Solutions Engineer PDM, Autodesk Central Europe
Message 4 of 4
ClKöster
in reply to: gandhey

Dear Markus and Yogeshwar,

thank you for you quick replies and additional sources!

Regards,

Claudia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report