Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Bill of Materials View Inconsistencies

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
307 Views, 3 Replies

Electrical Bill of Materials View Inconsistencies

My organization is using AutoCAD Electrical 2020 with Vault Professional 2020. 

I have all of my custom properties fields mapped and my ACADE project BOMs appear correct with the catalog number, manufacturer, description, and my USER 1 field (which we use for our internal part #). The only thing I am struggling with is that we like to divide our BOMs based on electrical's "Location Code," and so far I can't find any way to get the location code (LOC attribute) mapped in as a Vault property. 

I notice that when you open the BOM viewer in Vault Pro, it gives you two default view options, Mechanical Bill of Materials & Electrical Bill of Materials. The Electrical Bill of Materials automatically & beautifully divides everything up my Installation & Location Code. The only problem is that information that shows up under the Mechanical view, such as USER 1, doesn't populate at all under the Electrical view. 

I am hoping for at least 1 of two possible solutions: 

• find a way to add the location code property so I can sort my BOM based on that using default Mechanical view.
  • find the reason why most of my BOM information vanishes in Electrical view when I sort by location code.

I have attached two screenshots to illustrate that for the same BOM items, everything appears correctly in Mechanical view but disappears in Electrical view.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

When you select Electrical BOM, you can add columns or remove as needed... You probably know that.... ( 😅 ).  Is the property that you mapped to user1 not available for this?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Yes I have all of the columns I require and the properties mapped setup in both mechanical and electrical views.
But the same data that shows up in mechanical view doesn't always show up in electrical view.
I tried to highlight this in the screenshots I attached.
Any idea how to get "location code" mapped as a property? That could possibly save me from these bizarre electrical vs. mechanical view inconsistencies.
Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

My apologies, I looked at your screen shots and still misunderstood.  It's the data that's not showing up.  Which I find really weird.  If it shows up in one it should in the other, as long as both are showing the same properties.

I have never tried to map location code, so I'm not sure if/how this can be done.  I do know that, in my limited experience with trying to map properties from AcadE... it doesn't always play well with Vault.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report