Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad integration with vault

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
johannes_santos
153 Views, 4 Replies

autocad integration with vault

Hello colleagues, currently in my organization Vault is being managed but only for inventor use, but there was a need to do it with AutoCAD, I wanted to know if anyone knows what this process is like to do the integration with Vault, I don't know if it can be used the same vault with inventor and autocad, or does it touch two different ones, I would think that since they are different projects, any information can help me. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gandhey
in reply to: johannes_santos

Hello @johannes_santos ,

Same Vault can be used for AutoCAD and Inventor. This is purely based on your project needs - if for one project you have data coming in from Inventor and also AutoCAD - you can use just one Vault.

Vault has component called Inventor Addin which is required for Inventor data management in Vault. Similarly there is AutoCAD addin which is needed to manage the AutoCAD data in Vault.  Refer following for installation help:

How to install Vault Add-in 2022 for CAD 2022 applications (autodesk.com)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Yogeshwar

(Vault team)

Message 3 of 5

Okay, thank you very much for the answer. I will try to do a test with what you told me.

Message 4 of 5

They can coexist just as Inventor files coexist with PDFs, DOCs, DWFs, and other types.
You can move AutoCAD files into Vault via the AutoCAD plugin like Inventor, or by drag-and-drop like a document check-in (if there are no XREFs or other attachments that go together). I find it useful to track revisions of DWGs from AutoCAD and your DWTs as well (which can be protected with a proper lifecycle only for CAD admins to edit).
I would only watch out for automatic creation of DWFs upon check-in via the Vault plugin for AutoCAD (I always turned it off for all users upon install).
Message 5 of 5

Thank you very much, I will keep that in mind when I am doing this process.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report