Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using VDF in PowerShell

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jbetz42
369 Views, 2 Replies

Using VDF in PowerShell

Dear @Markus.Koechl,

may I ask you once again for your help regarding PowerShell and the Vault API? I am still working my way through the VaultSDK.chm help file. Your examples to use the WebServices API worked great but I am struggling to use the VDF with PowerShell. I could not find an example in any of the Autodesk University handouts or in this forum.

I'm currently trying to read property values of a file stored in Vault. From my understanding I need some kind of connection to the Autodesk.DataManagement.Client.Framework (VDF) and if this connection is established I could use the Autodesk.DataManagement.Client.Framework.Currency and in particular the PropertyDefinition Class to access property data of a document stored in Vault:

jbetz42_0-1719261644566.png

Do you have a minimal PowerShell example at hand that demonstrate the VDF initialization and how to use the PropertyDefinition Class to read property data of a file/folder?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jbetz42
in reply to: jbetz42

Can anyone else help out and provide a minimal example that demonstrates how to read property values of a file or folder in Vault using VDF in PowerShell?

Message 3 of 3
kefer_kb
in reply to: jbetz42

Help this?

Get property value from file in Vault 

www.gfm.at

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report