Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using VDF in PowerShell

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jbetz42
229 Views, 2 Replies

Using VDF in PowerShell

Dear @Markus.Koechl,

may I ask you once again for your help regarding PowerShell and the Vault API? I am still working my way through the VaultSDK.chm help file. Your examples to use the WebServices API worked great but I am struggling to use the VDF with PowerShell. I could not find an example in any of the Autodesk University handouts or in this forum.

I'm currently trying to read property values of a file stored in Vault. From my understanding I need some kind of connection to the Autodesk.DataManagement.Client.Framework (VDF) and if this connection is established I could use the Autodesk.DataManagement.Client.Framework.Currency and in particular the PropertyDefinition Class to access property data of a document stored in Vault:

jbetz42_0-1719261644566.png

Do you have a minimal PowerShell example at hand that demonstrate the VDF initialization and how to use the PropertyDefinition Class to read property data of a file/folder?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jbetz42
in reply to: jbetz42

Can anyone else help out and provide a minimal example that demonstrates how to read property values of a file or folder in Vault using VDF in PowerShell?

Message 3 of 3
kefer_kb
in reply to: jbetz42

Help this?

Get property value from file in Vault 

www.gfm.at

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report