Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create visualization attachment having model/paper space while Checking-In a file?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Rashmi_Gupta
475 Views, 7 Replies

How to create visualization attachment having model/paper space while Checking-In a file?

Hello,

I am working on Check-In customization using Vault API. I want to create visualization attachment in dwf format while Check-In. The user can opt to add model space or paper space or both in dwf.

image.png

How can I implement this functionality?

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Nick_Hall
in reply to: Rashmi_Gupta

Hi Rashmi

Are you working with Vault Basic, or Vault Pro/Workgroup ? 

The advice I would give would be different for each

Nick

Message 3 of 8
Rashmi_Gupta
in reply to: Nick_Hall

I am working with Autodesk Vault Professional 2022 .
Message 4 of 8
Nick_Hall

Hi Rashmi

If you are using Vault Pro, I would suggest using Job Processor to produce your DWFs

The help pages for Job Processor start here - https://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2022/ENU/?guid=GUID-41C25A0B-81DC-4E5B-B98B-3EA7B280CD97 - have...

You can configure the visualisation options from Tools -> Administration - Vault Settings, then the Visualisation tab, and finally the Options button. This has more comprehensive options than the dialog you refer to above, and you can configure settings individually for 2D & 3D Inventor files

Hopefully that will give you what you want "out of the box"

If you need anything more than standard functionality, there are a number of options. Let me know what is missing from your requirements, and I'll suggest some options

Nick

Message 5 of 8
Rashmi_Gupta

I am developing an application using Vault SDK. Hence I need some assistance in Vault Api implementation. Please see if you can help.
Message 6 of 8
Nick_Hall

If you really want to create the DWF under your full control, as well as using the Vault API to get your source files, you will need to use the Inventor API to convert them to DWFs

Here's a lesson in the basics of the Inventor API, including how to start Inventor from both a VB.NET and a C# (you don't say what you are using) application - https://modthemachine.typepad.com/my_weblog/2013/02/inventor-api-training-lesson-1.html

The Inventor translators (including DWF) are not my strongest area, so I suggest that you look in the Inventor API forum for more details on the internals of DWF Export- https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ilogic-and-vb-net-forum/bd-p/120

Searching the API forum for "Export DWF" gives plenty of results, and the ones I looked at had code snippets

Nick

Message 7 of 8
Rashmi_Gupta

I can't use Inventor API. Please see if the functionality can be achieved with AutoCAD Vault API. Also, I am using C#.

Message 8 of 8
Nick_Hall

You can't use the Vault API. It doesn't support creation of DWFs

If you don't want to use the Inventor API (to produce DWFs from Inventor files), or AutoCAD API (to produce DWFs from AutoCAD files), and use only the Vault API, the only way to do it is to use the Job Processor

You will have to use the Vault API to add a CreateDWF job (using AddJob), and let the Job Processor do its thing

If you need to do something with the DWF file afterwards, you can monitor the file it produces (using GetLatestFileByMasterId), and when a new version has been added to the Vault, get it & do what you need

Alternatively you can monitor the job queue (using GetJobsByDate) to see when your job has completed, and then get the DWF file

Nick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report