Trial Download, Installation and Getting Started
Ask questions and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics for Autodesk product trials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List an institute in Autodesk Educational institution list

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Jeew-m
440 Views, 6 Replies

List an institute in Autodesk Educational institution list

Dear All,

I am writing on behalf of the Training Division at Road Development Authority (RDA) in Sri Lanka, an organization at the forefront of infrastructure development in the country.

We are excited to inform you about our new initiative aimed at training aspiring engineers in the field of Engineering Design. As part of our comprehensive training program, every incoming engineer at RDA undergoes a year-long training, which serves as a prerequisite for obtaining Chartered Membership.

During this training period, engineers delve into engineering design tasks, predominantly utilizing Autodesk Software such as Civil 3D, AutoCAD, and Infraworks. This hands-on experience is invaluable in preparing them for their roles as Design Trainees, stationed in various offices across the country.

We have, however, encountered a minor challenge in obtaining the educational versions of Autodesk Software. Unfortunately, our training division is not currently listed in the pre-loaded centers, making access to the software less straightforward.

I kindly request guidance on the process to include our training division in the list of approved centers. This adjustment would greatly enhance our engineers' accessibility to these essential tools.

Furthermore, I firmly believe that this presents an excellent opportunity to promote Autodesk Software among a growing community of engineers within RDA.

Your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Labels (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jvpantin2
in reply to: Jeew-m

Hi, @Jeew-m congrats for this initiative. AFAIK all you need is to have a .edu website and emails for all students.  This will automatically make you elegible for educational access to software and Autodesk Community for Students & Educators: https://www.autodesk.com/education/home

Here you can read the Terms of use: https://www.autodesk.com/company/terms-of-use/en/offering-types-and-benefits#education

¿Tu problema fue solucionado? Selecciona 'Marcar como solución'.
Así ayudas a otras personas a encontrar respuestas y agradeces a los miembro de la comunidad.
Message 3 of 7
Jeew-m

Thanks @jvpantin2 for your valuable comment.

The problem currently we face is that our training division is a part inside the company. So it does not have any website associated with it. 

We are looking for an alternative way if possible.

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer

Message 4 of 7
jvpantin2

Look for support of a local university or education center in order to provide .edu emails to each of your teammates.
It is the only thing you need.

¿Tu problema fue solucionado? Selecciona 'Marcar como solución'.
Así ayudas a otras personas a encontrar respuestas y agradeces a los miembro de la comunidad.
Message 5 of 7
LeoWarren-EDU

Hi @Jeew-m,

You should be able to select 'Can't find your school' when searching for your institution, which should allow you to submit details. Failing that, please see this article, which contains the details Education Support will need to determine eligibility.

I would recommend reading our eligibility requirements as some institution types are unfortunately ineligible.

I hope this answers your question 🙂

Please 'Like' posts that are helpful. If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Mark as Solution'

Leo Warren
Community Manager - Students & Educators
Are you a student? Come join our Student & Educator Community! | Education Knowledge Base | Rules and Etiquette

Message 6 of 7
Jeew-m

Thank you @LeoWarren-EDU.

I am currently working on your solution.

Since the training division is an internal unit it, does not have a separate website apart from the main website of the company. 

I am waiting for the results of the request.

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer

Message 7 of 7
LeoWarren-EDU

Hi @Jeew-m,

If you've already submitted, they'll have a look - a separate website shouldn't make a difference since eligibility is determined on an institutional basis. 

Please 'Like' posts that are helpful. If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Mark as Solution'

Leo Warren
Community Manager - Students & Educators
Are you a student? Come join our Student & Educator Community! | Education Knowledge Base | Rules and Etiquette

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report