Stingray Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Stingray Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Stingray topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max Interactive door opening not being triggered

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
adriandodds
1501 Views, 7 Replies

3DS Max Interactive door opening not being triggered

Hi Guy

I am running Max 2019 with Interactive 2.177.0

I have a problem with getting even a simple animation like opening a door working in my HTC Vive system.

Followed your on line videos step by step setting up level flow with 1. Level update to SteamVR Button with trigger to Play animation Clip with animation set as Door_Open (animation clip exists and works in browser). Level unit set to Doors (the Unit file name). When I come to Run the project the trigger on the HTC Vive does not action the animation.

What am i doing wrong?

One thing I might be doing wrong is under SteamVR Button - Controller Index there are no options where in the video it show options. 1 to 5

Adrian Dodds

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
adriandodds
in reply to: adriandodds

Hi Guys 

And especially Autodesk Technicans

I have spent most of this Sunday looking into this problem and have found SteamVR button is the problem.  If I build the same door opening closing animation in 3DS Max Interactive 1.8.64 the SteamVR button works. Import that project into 3DS Max Interactive 2.1.777 and it still work but try and build a new SteamVR button and that one will not work.

I tried reinstalling 3DS Max Interactive 2.1.777 and no change....

Back in the project imported from 1.8 to 2.1.77 and there are now 2 SteamVR button inputs. One gives Controller Index and one does not. It appear the default installation that is provided with 2.1777 is missing some controller index code. In the vr_steam/script directory the steam_vr.script_flow_nodes files is only 1k and has only 6 lines of code  in the 2.1.777 folder while the same folder in 1.8.64 is 9k and full of data code. Copy the code from old to new proejct and it does not work. 

So is there a problem in the 3DS MAX Interactive 2.1777 version?

It would be great to hear from someone in Autodesk team about this.

Message 3 of 8
adriandodds

Hi Guys

Further update on this problem - if you are suffering from it.

A work around is to copy the template used for the startup in the 1.8 version into the 2.1 version. Template is located in C:Program Files/Autodesk/3DS Max Interactive/(Version number)/editor/template Copy the vr_steam folder to the same location in the new version and you can then access this template instead of the vr_desktop template to use as your basis for the project.

Adrian

Message 4 of 8
impulsivia

Did it ever got solved? I experience the same problem in Interactive 2.1.777. Can't imagine that there is nobody using the HTC Vive (or Steam_VR) and 3d MAX Interactive.

Message 5 of 8
adriandodds
in reply to: impulsivia

Hi

There are still problems in the 3DS Max interactive relating to doors
opening in 3DS Max interactive 2.1.77 distributed with 3DS Max 2019. I
resolved the problem by using a template from the version 1.8.64 distributed
with 3DS Max 2018. This had working code with it.

AdrianDD
Message 6 of 8
impulsivia

Thanks, I will try that to.

Message 7 of 8
impulsivia

I installed version 1.8.64.0 (did not license it). Copied the vr_steam and vr_steamWwise folder to version 2.1.777.

The trigger still did not work. any ideas?

Got also a message: localhost / SteamVRPlugin: SteamVR runtime not installed

any ideas?

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Hi @adriandodds

Thank you so much for your king sharing. I me tht same problem with you. And I can only find the inactvie version 2.5 (student license), Could you please share the key files of version 1.8? Best regards,

Wei

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report