Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Softimage Mod Tool 7.5 VS Softimage 7.5.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1846 Views, 5 Replies

Softimage Mod Tool 7.5 VS Softimage 7.5.

Out of curiosity, what exactly is the difference of these two beside not be able to use mod tool for commercial connect? Are there any functionality differences? Are the UI's different?

Also lets say I use this for modding or just playing around with Softimage and I want to go pro and but a full copy, are the files saved with the mod tool saved different than the full version? would I be able to open on mod tool files in the full version?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Out of curiosity, what exactly is the difference of these two beside not be able to use mod tool for commercial connect? Are there any functionality differences? Are the UI's different?

Also lets say I use this for modding or just playing around with Softimage and I want to go pro and but a full copy, are the files saved with the mod tool saved different than the full version? would I be able to open on mod tool files in the full version?

Thanks.

ModTool saves exp files, and you cannot open exp files in the commercial version of Softimage.

Differences are listed here:
community.softimage.com/showpost.php?p=21028&postcount=6

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I thought that the Mod Tools allows you to export to FBX and Collada?
Message 4 of 6
Stephen.Blair

I thought that the Mod Tools allows you to export to FBX and Collada?

I don't see that on the list of restrictions.
As far as I know, you can.
I haven't installed ModTool7.5 yet.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

well when you said:

"ModTool saves exp files"

I thought you meant that was the only files you could save as (include exporting to). SO then I could mod something in Mod Tool, export it to fbx and the open it up in the full softimage, right?
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

That's correct. You can open Softimage 7.5 .scn files, but you can only save .exp files, which Softimage cannot read.

However, you can import and export .fbx, .dae and dotxsi via Crosswalk. You can import .obj, but you can't save in that format.

Rendering in the Mod Tool has a very subtle watermark, but rendermap output does not have a watermark.

The new unfold uv tech also seems to be missing from the Mod Tool. Otherwise, the interface is identical to 7.5.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report