Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addon messing up my preferences

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
217 Views, 6 Replies

Addon messing up my preferences

Hi Guys,

Im new to XSI and I have to say that im really enjoying learning this tool. I really hope that in the future I can post some WIP and share it with you guys.

As expected I have a lot of questions but i wont bother anyone yet with things that I know that are already out there, but there is one thing that have been bothering me a lot, and I cant find a way to fix.

I have XSI mod tool version 6 2007.0814, and for some reason I updated it some weeks ago, and now an AddOn was installed called Mod_Layout ( or maybe was already there but i never noticed ) and this AddOn always change my preferences. I really with to leave my layout as the Mod Tool Default, but everytime I open the program, or if I create a new scene, my preferences change to the ones set by this Mod tool. I didnt tried to install again, and i dont plan to as i have a few projects set up and im afraid I might mess up the paths in my project manager.

Can anyone give me a hand, much appreciated.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: Anonymous

The ModTool doesn't reset the layout.
Maybe your preferences are not being updated.

After you exit, check C:\Users\XXXXXX\Softimage\XSI_6 Mod Tool\Data\Preferences\default.xsipref

In default.xsipref, this line specifies the layout you see at startup:
xsiprivate.UI_LAYOUT_DEFAULT = Default

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Stephen thanks for the tip.

There is indeed something funny happening there.

I exit mod tool and opened the file and thats what I got at that line:(mod tool closed)

Now with Mod tool back opened heres what happen...

The layout selection is still not what i had before: View > Layouts > Mod_Layout and not the default as I wanted
O now with mod tool still opened I opened default.xsipref and rechecked the line:

After checking got Mod tool closed and reopened the file default.xsipref:
voila: xsiprivate.UI_LAYOUT_DEFAULT = Mod_Layout

Funny heh... yes 🙂 , and of course if I open mod tool once more, the layout is set to Mod_layout, and in my default.xsipref file the line says Mod_layout too

Any other idea? (hope so :biggrin:)

Thanks again
Message 4 of 7
Stephen.Blair

I can't remember whether I modified my ModTool install to prevent this behavior. Let me reinstall the ModTool addon and check.

// Stephen Blair
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I have deleted already the Mod Tool add-on from File > Add-on > Uninstall

But for some reason Mod_layout is still there.

Is there a way to completely remove all data from the Mod tool add-on beside what I have done already? By the way i had the trouble deleting the layout file Mod_Layout.xsilystate from \Softimage\XSI_6 Mod Tool\Application\layouts but for some reason the file keeps appearing back again.

Im really thinking about re-installing xsi, lets say that I do that will I loose my projects in my project manager?

Thanks
Message 6 of 7
Stephen.Blair

Just disable the ModTool Startup event.

Edit the file C:\Softimage\XSI_6_Mod_Tool\Addons\ModTool\Application\Plugins\ModStartup.js

Comment out line 12:

// in_reg.RegisterEvent("ModStartupEvent",siOnStartup);

You can also disable the event using the plugin manager.

// Stephen Blair
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Yay, it worked.

Thanks a lot Stephen :wink:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report