Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Softimage linux using current downloadable tar.gz

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
TimberVFX
1476 Views, 3 Replies

Can't install Softimage linux using current downloadable tar.gz

I downloaded the tar.gz file from the account. It unpacks into many smaller archives inside folders.

In that main folder is a setup file that I can run as root. But it does not setup Softimage it just runs a text mode setup utility that says to choose a tool and I have 

authentic configuration

firewall configuration

keyboard configuration

network configuration

system services

RUN TOOL

or QUIT.

None of these options actually installs Softimage even though in the PDF file it says to run the setup file. 

There is a cdinst.dat which looks like it actually would do the proper install work unpacking the files for me. 

I am on a centOS machine. I have run a maya install as well as many other software installs on linux with no problems many times.

This Softimage installer is a bit of a puzzle. If you could point me to the proper installation method since the pdf only leads me to run the above tool menu and not actually installing softimage at all.

Thanks. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Otto
in reply to: TimberVFX

Hello mikhailbVMARM and welcome to the Autodesk community!

It looks like you are stuck at the activation/installation step while attempting to download software, or are having problems with starting your software immediately after installing. The following article(s) should help you resolve the problem:

Communication Failure message during download and installation - Note that this article also provides alternate downloading and installation methods.

Application Manager Update stuck at installing

In order to manually activate your software (in cases where the activation appears stuck), please refer to Manually Activating Your Autodesk Software.

If the activation window is not displayed, others have resolved this by completely uninstalling and reinstalling their software. Please refer to How to Remove all Software from a Windows System for assistance.

If this information was helpful, please consider marking it as an Accepted Solution by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" link, below. Taking a moment to do this will help others with similar questions find useful answers. Thank you!

Kudos (click on the link or the "thumbs-up!" icon), are also gratefully received! (Even a bot likes praise.)

If this answer missed the mark, please let us know so that other community members can lend a hand. Any additional details might help, too: consider including relevant screenshots, log files, error messages, or system specs.

I'm a software-based HelpBot, designed to provide the information you need to get up and running with Autodesk products—any time, day or night. Your feedback will help train me to deliver more accurate and helpful answers. Thanks in advance! Also, please note that I'm only set up to respond to the first post of a topic, not to any replies. Thank you!

Helpful links: Find Serial Numbers and Product Keys | Find Downloads and Service Packs | Activate Autodesk software
Message 3 of 4
TimberVFX
in reply to: Otto

Yeah, none of these autoresponses has any info about the actual way to run the Softimage setup file vs the tool I mentioned.
Message 4 of 4
TimberVFX
in reply to: TimberVFX

nevermind. 

I was running setup not as a binary.

For future reference...

don´t type ¨setup¨ instead type ¨./setup¨

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report