cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please go back to the previous version of Sketchbook

Please go back to the previous version of Sketchbook

I’ve enjoyed using your sketchbook app for the iPad. But this newest update is the worst. Not only am I forced to create an account in order to keep using the app, I’m now forced to be connected to the internet in order to use the app

Please release an update that removes the Always Online DRM (That’s what this is really) and let me use the app without creating an account and/or being forced to stay connected to the internet 24/7.

FYI, I purchased the upgrade to the full version back in September 2017. So I shouldn’t be forced to do this stuff.

Thank you.

10 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am writing to request that you give us back a standalone version of the iPad app that does not require a login. This new version is just terrible compared to the prior version. I want a *sketchbook*, something I can just open up anytime and begin drawing in quickly without having to go through a login sequence. And don’t tell me to leave the app logged in: first, that is terrible for security reasons, and second it doesn’t work consistently in any case. Worst of all, having to log in means I can only use the app where I have internet. The reason I have Sketchbook at all is... to use it as a sketchbook! In all kinds of places! On my highly portable iPad! I get that you seem to want to move to some kind of an enterprise app mostly aimed at office users, but that is certainly not why I bought the app for an iPad. Please give us actual sketchers back a version that works for what we bought it for. If this doesn’t happen, i can tell you right now that I will finish the current project I am working on and then I will never use Sketchbook again, no matter how free it is. I love Sketchbook, but there are other drawing apps out there.

You broke the version of Sketchbook that I bought, without asking, and without giving me any choice. I do not want this forced-login version. And I can tell from the forums that I am not alone. Please fix this.

Tags (2)
patrick.muenster
Advocate

I have to agree with all the critics here about the login. It's not only a problem for the iPad version. It affects all Sketchbook versions as far as I know.

I would rather pay again for Sketchbook than having this stupid login all the time!

Last time I wanted to draw on a journey by bus. Started my Sketchbook on my Android tablet and get this login form I couldn't skip without an internet connection. I was to angry!!! And it wasn't the first time. I got this on all my devices all the time. Sometimes it works a day, sometimes a week.

So please fix this f****** (sorry) login form. It is so annoying .

I know Autodesk wants to collect some user date, but find a way to do this without this huge negative impact on the user experience! On impulse, I would suggest to let user skip this form for 2 or 3 months after the last login or something like that. Or show a promotion banner from time to time and make the disable function avaiable through the login form.

Almost everything is better than prevent your users from using your free software.

This must be possible!

patrick.muenster
Advocate

I have to agree with all the critics here about the login. It's not only a problem for the iPad version. It affects all Sketchbook versions as far as I know.

I would rather pay again for Sketchbook than having this stupid login all the time! And by the way my subscription should still be running till September!

Last time I wanted to draw on a journey by bus. Started my Sketchbook on my Android tablet and get this login form I couldn't skip without an internet connection. I was to angry!!! And it wasn't the first time. I got this on all my devices all the time. Sometimes it works a day, sometimes a week.

So please fix this horrible login form. It is so annoying .

I know Autodesk wants to collect some user date, but find a way to do this without this huge negative impact on the user experience! On impulse, I would suggest to let user skip this form for 2 or 3 months after the last login or something like that. Or show a promotion banner from time to time and make the disable function avaiable through the login form.

Almost everything is better than prevent your users from using your free software.

This must be possible!

patrick.muenster
Advocate

I have to agree with all the critics here about the login. It affects all Sketchbook versions as far as I know.

You are forcing the user to be online and to login. In theory, after logging in, Sktechbook should start without login dialog. But often, it doesn't work! I got this on all my devices all the time. Sometimes it works a day, sometimes a week.

I would rather pay again for Sketchbook than having this stupid login all the time!

Last time I wanted to draw on a journey by bus. Started my Sketchbook on my Android tablet and get this login form I couldn't skip without an internet connection. I was to angry!!! And it wasn't the first time.

So please fix this horrible login form. It is so annoying .

Suggestion

I know Autodesk wants to collect some user date, but find a way to do this without this huge negative impact on the user experience!

• On impulse, I would suggest to let user skip this form for 2 or 3 months after the last login or something like that.
  • Or show a promotion banner from time to time and make the disable function available through the login form.
  • Make the experience possitive. Bind the brush download or anything else to your login.

Just change it!

Almost everything is better than prevent your users from using your "free" software.

This must be possible!

Tags (3)
colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @kroggie

I've asked the dev team to look in to the issue with not being able to run SketchBook without an internet connection.  Obviously this is not desirable. 

Colin 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like the ability to bypass the login screen.  I like to use Sketchbook on the go and I don't always have access to the internet.  Without internet, the software is useless unless you are already passed the login screen.  May I suggest an update for people like me who do not have internet access daily?

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for your submission. 

The issue with the log in screen not allowing you to pass if you don't have an internet connection is an intermittent issue that doesn't affect everyone. It is also not intended to be part of the login flow.  It is being investigated at the moment.  That aside we will be releasing a new log in flow to SketchBook that will enable you to bypass the log in screen so that we don't have to wait for that fix to come in. Release date for the new login flow is TBD. 

Thanks

Colin

colin.smith
Alumni
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @kroggie & @patrick.muenster,

After some investigation we have determined that the issue with the log in screen not allowing you to pass if you don't have an internet connection is an intermittent issue that doesn't affect everyone. It is also not intended to be part of the login flow.  It is being investigated at the moment.  That aside we will be releasing a new log in flow to SketchBook that will enable you to bypass the log in screen so that we don't have to wait for that fix to come in. Release date for the new login flow is TBD. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @colin.smith,

Is there any update on the new login flow? I am one of the people affected by the 'you are not connected to the internet' issue on the login screen and am hoping this new flow would work around that. Judging by the comments on the forum, so are many other frustrated users. Surely something as simple as turning off the mandatory login routine so we can use this product as intended, i.e. wherever and whenever inspiration strikes, should be achievable fairly quickly? Do you at the very least have an indicative timeframe?

Thanks

colin.smith
Alumni

Hi @Anonymous,

We are working on completing the skip login flow.  We have to do this for all versions/platforms and test them all so it has taken some time.  We should have a set release date soon.  Thanks for your patience.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report