SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tif. file won't open?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
3531 Views, 2 Replies

Tif. file won't open?

Hi. I was doing a quick drawing for a friend of mine and all of a sudden, my computer suddenly crashed when I opened a different program. I saved my project before that occurrence happened so I thought my project was fine. I forced shut down my Windows 10 laptop and tried to reopen my drawing, but as I tried it said, "File unsupported or Can't open this file". I checked all of my other programs such as Windows Photo Opener Or Paint and Even Photoshop, but to no avail. I even looked at my file manager and it says that the file is there with about 507 kilobites but it does not give me a Preview.

If anyone knows the answer to this, please help.

If anyone knows how to recover the photo or something check the attachment. It is the drawing that screams "Unsupportive".

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

I am sorry to tell you that the sketch maybe gone.  I would start using the 'save as' option in sketchbook.  It will use the last name used and append a number automatically to 'version' the file.

See step 10 noted here:  https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/my-top-10-solutions-for-sketchbook/m-p/7238575/highl...

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I found a potential solution. I opened my file that I'm having a similar problem with in the windows photo viewer. I can view the drawing that I spent countless hours on there. But it won't open in any other program. So what I did was I went to file then I click make a copy. It copied the image back onto my Autodesk images folder. I can continue working on it from there I just can't erase certain portions of layers. That's the best I could do and the only way around it in my opinion. I hope that you get this message before you give up hope

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report