SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new update just deleted my entire work station.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
509 Views, 4 Replies

The new update just deleted my entire work station.

My custom brushes, lagoon setup, pallets, ALL GONE!

WHY would you release an update that does this!?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

C:\Users\YOUR-USER-NAME\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\SketchBook

We changed the folder for preferences from "8.0" to "8.7".  Just copy the files from 8.0 to 8.7. 

ALSO, Backup your files as well.  I would zip up the 8.0 folder so you know you have it and email it to yourself. 

NOTE:  I have included the Mac location as well.

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Happened to me as well, I lost my brushes, and can't download them again. Lost all the Pro features because I CAN'T LOGIN ANYMORE, for some reason the program just restarted and doesn't allow me to connect to my account. I really need this fixed, because I do commissions and NEED THOSE FEATURES that I actually paid for when the program wasn't free yet.

Message 4 of 5
david.lau

I am going to PM  you.

David Lau
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi, you should first change the preferences from 8.0 to 8.7 its really worked for me. If not in your case, so you maybe delete some files or folder. That’s why you are facing problem. You can retrieve your folders or app data using third party utilities like stellar data recovery or recuva. Really helps to recover lost data.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report