SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set a brush to a certain opacity?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1544 Views, 2 Replies

How do I set a brush to a certain opacity?

Hey,

I'm new to Sketchbook and I would like to color a surface in a color without overlapping the paint. It's kind of hard to explain because I don't know how this setting on a brush is called. Basicaly I want to paint over the same surface multiple times without darkening the surface more than one brushstroke would (with consant transparency).

Does anyone understund what I mean?

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! So I'm going to give you two different methods just bear with me.

1)

A) When you enter the app, there's three taskbars: there's one to your right, one to your left, and one up above. On the one to your left, you'll see the different brush options. Click on the brush you're currently using and it will show up with basic settings, which has two separate sliders: size and opacity. Modify the opacity slider and you're good to go. 

B) This option can actually also be activated by modifying the two gray sliders on the left side of your screen. They are right on top of each other and vertical rather than horizontal. You can slide the BOTTOM one up to increase opacity and down to decrease. The one above it is size.

2) If you're trying to modify the opacity of an entire layer click on a specific layer on the menu on the RIGHT SIDE of your screen (one of the boxes) and a whole bunch of different small symbols will pop up, including ones that say "duplicate" and "delete". There should be, at the bottom of the box, a slider. Move the slider to the right to increase the opacity of the layer and left to decrease it. It will show you the percentage as well.

Ps. If you merge a layer that has a lesser opacity onto one with a higher opacity the colours will stay the same as you merge them but the opacity level will go back to 100%.

Hope that helps! Happy arting!

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you kaelstjean!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report