SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SketchBook stuck in Fullscreen Mode on Windows

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
samuel.beer
18646 Views, 15 Replies

SketchBook stuck in Fullscreen Mode on Windows

So I've recently downloaded the SketchBook app for windows and I had it about four times when SketchBook would just go into fullscreen mode (without me doing something particular i think) and I couldn't exit out of it. The only solution I could find was exiting SketchBook completely and then signing in again. However, this is a very annoying solution so I wanted to ask if there's another way?

Tanks!

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
david.lau
in reply to: samuel.beer

If this is the desktop version of SketchBook, can you try this:

http://autode.sk/2nwn2QL

David Lau
Message 3 of 16
samuel.beer
in reply to: david.lau

I don't have that tiny ring in the bottom left corner though. It just looks like this (see attachement). Nothing I can do there 😕

Or is there a keyboard shortcut to unhide it?

Message 4 of 16
david.lau

Can you uninstall it and re-install it from the Microsoft Store?

https://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how-to-uninstall-windows-10s-built-in-apps-and-how-to-reinstall-the...

David Lau
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

Running into the same issue, 5/15/2019. Sure hope someone's got a solution! This is an annoying little problem, makes me close the app and reopen, disabling me from using Undo. Windows 10 here.

Message 6 of 16
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Can you take a screen capture of your desktop with SketchBook running (no bars) and send it to me?

https://www.howtogeek.com/226280/how-to-take-screenshots-in-windows-10/

David Lau
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

Alright, so get this!
while navigating the app and this webpage, I accidentally logged out of the app. So, I signed back in, blah blah blah, and have been returning to the app frequently to see if I could get a screenshot of the recurring mishap.
It never came back!  So maybe that's a reliable solution?! Sure hope so! 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

OK, PSYCH......
Didn't last. Here's the mishap. pardon the teeth, but notice the absence of the un-fullscreen button...intentional fullscreenintentional fullscreenunintentional fullscreen and silly picture please forgiveunintentional fullscreen and silly picture please forgive

Message 9 of 16
david.lau

@Anonymous 

Can you minimize/maximize SketcHBook?

Can you exit and re-launch the app?

What are the specs of your Windows Computer?  i.e. Surface Pro 4

David Lau
Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

hi same issue. you can only exit and relaunch the app - which is frustrating (and can't undo). Yes, you can also minimize/maximize. I just got a surface pro 6 four days ago and this has happens more and more using sketchbook. Please help

Message 11 of 16
david.lau

For the Windows Store download, I would uninstall the App and reinstall it.

www.sketchbook.com/windows10

David Lau
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

I've done that twice now and it is only getting more and more common. I have realized it occurs when when I use the eyedropper (not every time). I use that tool and then after selecting a color the icons never come back and looks like the screenshot from the person above

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous

press ctrl + alt + j
and don't read official solution to reinstall the product...

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

ctrl alt J didn't work for me
EDIT: Hey! I dont know what the J is for, but ctrl alt is the color sampler, I use a touch screen laptop and I saw this when I dragged my finger around trying to see what ctrl alt J might possibly do. Sharing this so newbs like me who read this post catch on!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

If I uninstall, will I loose my documents and when I reinstall will I be able to open them like normal?

Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

not sure what this thing is but i just did the option "Full UI" anScreenshot (50).pngd it got me out

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report