SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SketchBook stuck in Fullscreen Mode on Windows

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
samuel.beer
18890 Views, 15 Replies

SketchBook stuck in Fullscreen Mode on Windows

So I've recently downloaded the SketchBook app for windows and I had it about four times when SketchBook would just go into fullscreen mode (without me doing something particular i think) and I couldn't exit out of it. The only solution I could find was exiting SketchBook completely and then signing in again. However, this is a very annoying solution so I wanted to ask if there's another way?

Tanks!

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
david.lau
in reply to: samuel.beer

If this is the desktop version of SketchBook, can you try this:

http://autode.sk/2nwn2QL

David Lau
Message 3 of 16
samuel.beer
in reply to: david.lau

I don't have that tiny ring in the bottom left corner though. It just looks like this (see attachement). Nothing I can do there 😕

Or is there a keyboard shortcut to unhide it?

Message 4 of 16
david.lau

Can you uninstall it and re-install it from the Microsoft Store?

https://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how-to-uninstall-windows-10s-built-in-apps-and-how-to-reinstall-the...

David Lau
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

Running into the same issue, 5/15/2019. Sure hope someone's got a solution! This is an annoying little problem, makes me close the app and reopen, disabling me from using Undo. Windows 10 here.

Message 6 of 16
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Can you take a screen capture of your desktop with SketchBook running (no bars) and send it to me?

https://www.howtogeek.com/226280/how-to-take-screenshots-in-windows-10/

David Lau
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

Alright, so get this!
while navigating the app and this webpage, I accidentally logged out of the app. So, I signed back in, blah blah blah, and have been returning to the app frequently to see if I could get a screenshot of the recurring mishap.
It never came back!  So maybe that's a reliable solution?! Sure hope so! 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

OK, PSYCH......
Didn't last. Here's the mishap. pardon the teeth, but notice the absence of the un-fullscreen button...intentional fullscreenintentional fullscreenunintentional fullscreen and silly picture please forgiveunintentional fullscreen and silly picture please forgive

Message 9 of 16
david.lau

@Anonymous 

Can you minimize/maximize SketcHBook?

Can you exit and re-launch the app?

What are the specs of your Windows Computer?  i.e. Surface Pro 4

David Lau
Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

hi same issue. you can only exit and relaunch the app - which is frustrating (and can't undo). Yes, you can also minimize/maximize. I just got a surface pro 6 four days ago and this has happens more and more using sketchbook. Please help

Message 11 of 16
david.lau

For the Windows Store download, I would uninstall the App and reinstall it.

www.sketchbook.com/windows10

David Lau
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

I've done that twice now and it is only getting more and more common. I have realized it occurs when when I use the eyedropper (not every time). I use that tool and then after selecting a color the icons never come back and looks like the screenshot from the person above

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous

press ctrl + alt + j
and don't read official solution to reinstall the product...

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

ctrl alt J didn't work for me
EDIT: Hey! I dont know what the J is for, but ctrl alt is the color sampler, I use a touch screen laptop and I saw this when I dragged my finger around trying to see what ctrl alt J might possibly do. Sharing this so newbs like me who read this post catch on!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

If I uninstall, will I loose my documents and when I reinstall will I be able to open them like normal?

Message 16 of 16
Anonymous

not sure what this thing is but i just did the option "Full UI" anScreenshot (50).pngd it got me out

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report