SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook software won't load in any sketch and crash after a while

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2539 Views, 8 Replies

Sketchbook software won't load in any sketch and crash after a while

Hello,
recently, while using my sketchbook software I wanted to open a sketch I made, but then the software couldn't open it for some reason. It showed the loading bar without loading in my sketch and after a while it crashed and closed me out of the software. I tried to restart my computer and to uninstall and reinstall the software, but it was no use, it still can't open and load in any sketch I want to open. However, the software works perfeclty fine itself and for all the tools.
Could someone please help me solve this problem as fast as possible. Sketchbook is a really reliable simple and efficient tool for me, I would be heart broken if it would not work anymore.

Reguards

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The Windows 10 app doesn't work anymore since the last update. We don't know if they work on a quick patch for that since david.lau did not give real advice or infos.

See this post for more infos : https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/ios-android-uwp-windows-store-update/td-p/8773399

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you for your answer! Atleast I know that I'm not the only one in this situation! It's really frustrating though.

I hope they fix it really soon!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you for your answer! At least I know that I'm not the only one in this situation! It's really frustrating though.

I hope they fix it really soon!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Now it's even worse than yesterday. I can load in sketches by loading one, and when the frozen loading bar shows up I load in another sketch. It then loads in the first sketch I choose but it won't draw on it, instead it will draw on the gliched sketch I used to load in the other one, and the sketch I want to draw on is completely frozen. I can't use the eraser or draw on it (for example), since it will draw on the other gliched sketch. 

Please, could this be fixed really quickly, I need it ASAP!

Message 6 of 9
mahyarnaud

Same problem as you, it can't open any files. Very annoying.

Please fix it quickly

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: mahyarnaud

See here : https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/ios-android-uwp-windows-store-update/m-p/8775345

Again, David.lau knows the problem and have already told the dev team. Deleting cache or app, reinstall, or do anything do nothing. The problem doesn't came from your Surface, device or Win10. It comes from the 5.0 update. Nobody can open, load or do anything on the UWP since the last update. The 5.0 update is broken. You have in fact three solutions :

1. Wait a fix (could be long, very long...)

2. Use the desktop version (useless on touch screen cause your palm will drawn line a.k.a no pen mode)

3. Switch on another app like Kreta or any other.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

same problem ...

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks for the precise answer!

I've already switched to another  software. Still waiting and hoping for a fix on Sketchbook since I'm so used to it...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report