SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook layer issue on the surface go

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
623 Views, 7 Replies

Sketchbook layer issue on the surface go

Hi, I just got a brand new Microsoft surface go and downloaded Sketchbook. However, I'm having an issue with the layers. The moment sketchbook is booted up, there is already a loading icon on the first layer and if I try to create a new layer after drawing or writing anything on the first layer, it freezes the whole software. I thought that it might be lag but I tried waiting for over 5 minutes but nothing happens.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Same here. But mine doesn't freeze just when I try to add layers, mine freezes every single time I try to do something else than drawing with my pen. Even when I try to add text for example, I can add it, then add layer and it freezes. Or add 2 texts. It's driving me nuts, i need the app to work for school. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

The latest update (5.0) which just came out is broken. There are several threads on this forum about that problem. I guess we just have to wait for the developers to put out a new update this fixes these issues.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Oh I see.. Thanks man! I hope they come up with a fix real soon.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I have been waitting for the fix update for a week, their developers just do not pay attention to this! 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Try this!

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/sketchbook-freezes-help/m-p/8792874#M6249

It worked for me. Don't know if it will for you.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

hey it worked for me too! Thank you for the link! 🙂 But I do hope they'll come up with a proper fix too.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

No problem, glad to be helpfull when someone helped me.
Yeah, me too 😕 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report