SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook freezes on a Hawei tablet

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bonito_
271 Views, 2 Replies

Sketchbook freezes on a Hawei tablet

Sketchbook often freezes in the middle of a drawing, from simple things to more complex things.
everything is stopped and after long seconds the message appears that "no, the app is not responding and if I want to wait or turn off the app?"
what can I do?

I'm using the latest version of the playstore and a
HUAWEI MediaPad M5 Lite 10.1 '' Tablet - 64 GB - 4 GB RAM

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: bonito_

I am sorry to inform you that we have not tested Huawei devices recently on Android.  See #2 noted here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/android-sketchbook-tips-and-tricks/td-p/9385407

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
bonito_
in reply to: david.lau

hello,

thank you for the answer,

but let me say that this is really disappointing...

i'm not going to mention this ban and how companies deal with it, but i must say that huawei tablets, like the version i have, do have pressure sensitive pens, in this case M-pen, but even if id didn't have pressure sensitive pen, the program works anyway (i can still use my finger...)

anyway, this device is not part of the ban (only most recent models, launch a few months go are included) and is an android os 8, so i don't understand why there is no support for a perfectly normal system, that meets all of the requirements of your program.

my issue is not about the hardware itself but about the software, and for what i saw online this crashing/freeze issue is relatively common in the app

maybe you should try to fix it on an android based point-of-view, instead of a brand point-of-view, like samsung.

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report