SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook constantly crashes, corrupts gallery, no legacy import in 4.x.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
491 Views, 3 Replies

Sketchbook constantly crashes, corrupts gallery, no legacy import in 4.x.

I am very close to being done with this app. This has been a problem I've complained about running Sketchbook Pro on my NVidia Shield K1 since the previous version, and nothing was done to fix it or improve compatibility. 

It generally happens when I use the app, then exit it, then try to open the app again without rebooting the device. I suspect it may be something to do with SD card permissions/access but I have no clue. It will continually crash until I reboot, which means my gallery will also be clear. I cannot import legacy data as I did with the previous version.

I have no idea why the app doesn't just store files in a folder and can open them normally. Being locked out of my files is ridiculous and I can't think of any reasonable explanation why such an easily corruptible gallery is a feature. 

Please do not point me to tutorials on the site. I have read everything. It is impossible as-is to import layered files as I used to, only flat images or "oops image failed to load". This app is broken. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

I will need to know the following:

Android via Settings > About Device

1. Model Number

2. Android Version

Android: SketchBook Version via Settings > Applicaition Manager > SketchBook

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Model number is Shield Tablet K1

Android Version is 7.0

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This is not just happening with Android based devices.  I am running it on a Win 10 Pro Toshiba laptop and am experiencing multiple crashes.  It usually happens when I change brushes.  If I do it too frequently, or I suppose too quickly, then it crashes and will continue to crash multiple times.  How has this not been properly addressed yet?  From what I have read online it has been happening for awhile with no fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report