SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook constantly crashes, corrupts gallery, no legacy import in 4.x.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
473 Views, 3 Replies

Sketchbook constantly crashes, corrupts gallery, no legacy import in 4.x.

I am very close to being done with this app. This has been a problem I've complained about running Sketchbook Pro on my NVidia Shield K1 since the previous version, and nothing was done to fix it or improve compatibility. 

It generally happens when I use the app, then exit it, then try to open the app again without rebooting the device. I suspect it may be something to do with SD card permissions/access but I have no clue. It will continually crash until I reboot, which means my gallery will also be clear. I cannot import legacy data as I did with the previous version.

I have no idea why the app doesn't just store files in a folder and can open them normally. Being locked out of my files is ridiculous and I can't think of any reasonable explanation why such an easily corruptible gallery is a feature. 

Please do not point me to tutorials on the site. I have read everything. It is impossible as-is to import layered files as I used to, only flat images or "oops image failed to load". This app is broken. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

I will need to know the following:

Android via Settings > About Device

1. Model Number

2. Android Version

Android: SketchBook Version via Settings > Applicaition Manager > SketchBook

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Model number is Shield Tablet K1

Android Version is 7.0

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This is not just happening with Android based devices.  I am running it on a Win 10 Pro Toshiba laptop and am experiencing multiple crashes.  It usually happens when I change brushes.  If I do it too frequently, or I suppose too quickly, then it crashes and will continue to crash multiple times.  How has this not been properly addressed yet?  From what I have read online it has been happening for awhile with no fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report