Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oops! Failed To Open Image ( Please Help )

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
18760 Views, 15 Replies

Oops! Failed To Open Image ( Please Help )

hello ^

i've been using Sketchbook for quite some time and i didn't have any problems till now. I have the Pro version. i saved my artwork yesterday and when i went to gallery, i clicked on my art and it said "Oops! Failed To Open Image" and i tried on all my artworks, every one of them had the same thing. I'm really frustrated now. I cleared cache, uninstalled and installed again, ran scans, but nothing is working. please tell me how i can recover my artwork? all the efforts of mine have been vanished, it's really disappointing. please take a look. thank you.
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

That error message may mean that it's been corrupted and you will not be able to open it.

1. Copy files from /Autodesk/SketchBook3 to desktop computer (plug in via USB).

2. See if you can open the .tif files with the desktop versions of SketchBook.

David Lau
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous

Hey exojisoo1,

I am currently suffering from the EXACT same problem. Did you manage to rectify the issue at all? If so, would you mind letting me know, please? As I'm starting to 'brick it', somewhat, worrying that I've lost 100s of hours worth of work!!

Why on earth did it do it in the 1st place - is a question I'm sure we'd both like answered too. 

Tom.

@Anonymous wrote:
hello ^

i've been using Sketchbook for quite some time and i didn't have any problems till now. I have the Pro version. i saved my artwork yesterday and when i went to gallery, i clicked on my art and it said "Oops! Failed To Open Image" and i tried on all my artworks, every one of them had the same thing. I'm really frustrated now. I cleared cache, uninstalled and installed again, ran scans, but nothing is working. please tell me how i can recover my artwork? all the efforts of mine have been vanished, it's really disappointing. please take a look. thank you.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I'm having the same issue and its frustrating !!!!!!!!!!!! 
If the files do happen to work on the desktop version of Sketchbook, then what? We'd have to work from there? I'm more comfortable drawing on my tablet

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

Same problem here.
I draw on a samsung Note, i sometimes modify drawings on my desktop. Save them on a cloud.
When I try to re-open them on my mobile device (tablet or phone) I get this notification.
Pretty frustrating! 
I have them on a cloud, so I can acces and modify them everywhere.

I've noticed that the samsung saves in a *.tiff extension, and the desktop in *.tif file, but I don't think that's the problem.

Some help would be really usefull!!

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

I found out the issue in my situation was that I had recently moved all the save/project files (.tiffs) to my google drive by mistake, as I had initially indended to move the exported images instead. Once I realized this, and moved the tiffs BACK again to their original folder - the issue was rectified. THANK HEAVENS!!! 😓🥵

I'd say, check to see if your .tiff files have been moved - as that's what my issue was.

For me, I'm using a Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition. So the file location goes 

Device Storage > Autodesk > Sketchbook 3...et voila!

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

The file format or size is not supported yet.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

Hi! I just ran into the same problem and I found a way to retrieve the image. After a failed attempt to open the file from my laptop, I checked my gallery as a last resort. The image was there, however unless there is a way to somehow get the .tiff file from Sketchbook to open the individual layers are lost. This may help if you don't want to lose the file altogether tho...

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

Hi, having the same issue as well. I think it might be the type of software they're using and it might be outdated given how long ago the app was made. I'm on Mobile, but so far I have found a work around. Save the image to the gallery, access the gallery and find the images, and then import them from there. Just lock the layer and keep it as is.

Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

I've been drawing on my phone for years with this and I just finished one of my projects, I tried to send the picture when I noticed it gave me an error photo and when I tried to open it in the app it keeps telling me Oops! Failed to open image. It took me weeks and I just finished it, I didn't do anything abnormal, why is this happening? Can I save my art or since it's off my phone it's gone?

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I the .tiff thing didnt work but i opened the sketchbookpreview folder and found most of the art

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

I think its just a system hiccup.

I went through the same thing so I deleted all corresponding info from my phone(.Temp and .Preview)

I then wiped the cache and restarted the phone. I opened sketchbook and started a new pic so the save creates a new album for this app. I had to restart once more since they didn't show up the first time.

Again open Sketchbook and start new sketch,once album shows up restore deleted photos(details/Temp or Preview) move the to the respective locations...

keep in mind you could just move them to a album temporarily.

Mine started working instantly 

Hope that helps

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous

I just recently started to have the same issue and I've been trying for a couple days now to fix it. I've tried everything I know and nothing seems to be working. I am not comfortable switching to the desktop version as well as I don't even have the proper equipment or skill to work with such a huge screen. It is very frustrating because now I can't go back and edit all but maybe 5 of my drawings. I really love this app and I really don't want to switch to a different software to draw. Please fix this asap. Because it seems to be something with the app and not my phone or storage.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

I have the same problem today on my note 9 with my Autodesk Sketchbook. Very disappointing. Who do I get all my work back??   I can open the last 3 sketches made within the last week.

How can I get these back to work on them? I downloaded them to my PC but need them on my phone to use. 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

I wish I knew how to fix it because I am still having the same problem. It
has gotten to the point that whatever drawing I'm working on I pretty much
have to finish it in one day. Or (since my mind is a constant gallery of
ideas) I have to start a drawing that I want, and I can not start another
until I have fully finished the drawing I'm working on. It is very
frustrating and upsetting when I want to go back and edit a drawing or
finish one but it will not let me open it. I hope at some point soon there
will be a solution to this problem we have from Autodesk
Message 16 of 16
david.lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report