SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oops failed to open image android tablet

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2223 Views, 4 Replies

Oops failed to open image android tablet

I really need some help. I always save my images on the apps gallery but its been increasingly recurrent that my images fail open. I can see them in the app gallery but when i tap to open it so to do alterations etc it comes up with failed to open. I've searched forums before and tried doing what i saw in one which was to delete the temp & preview folders in the devices image gallery but still nothing and now i fear ive made it worse. I didnt see any harm in doing this though as the ones in temp were just grey squares with exclamation mark on them. Please help, i use this for commercial as well as personal use and cant afford to lose them. I have backed up most of them to Google drive but some aren't. But even when i share them from Google drive to the app the layers are no longer there. If i could also have a step by step tutorial on what to do with images to ensure this doesn't happen again i would be very grateful. Do i save them elsewhere as well as the app gallery? In a different format? Whats the significance if any to the preview & temp folders in my device gallery? Thank in advance for any help 🙏 

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If your exporting the files to Google drive from within the app, it only exports the image, no layers. Your supposed to be able to export as a psd file in order to keep your layers, but I've seen some posts where that doesnt work. I'd suggest you to go into the apps files and copy/share the .tiff file from there. 

Use your devices file manager, should me an app called "my files" with a folder icon. Then go to internal storage, then the auto desk folder, then sketchbooks folder. The .tiff files are your projects. Copy/share those to wherever you want to store your backups.

Then when you have to use a backup, copy it back to the sketchbook3 folder. Then you have to do some more pain in the ass stuff. To be able to actually open the back up after that, you have to go to the gallery in the app. Hit the plus button. Then pick new from image. Then my files >autodesk > sketchbooks > pick your project.

Don't know why deleting the contents of the preview or temp files would help. But if your trying to recover projects from there, they're saved as .png files, which doesnt save layers, just an image.

If your using sketchbook to make money, I'd recommend finding another app. I really like sketchbook, but autodesk doesn't seem interested in actually fixing any of the problems.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I've been having the same problem and I still don't know how to do anything about it

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

;-;
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

It still didn't work I'm not getting all of the layers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report