SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No pressure sensitivity with xp-pen tablet

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
46506 Views, 24 Replies

No pressure sensitivity with xp-pen tablet

I'm using a display tablet, the Artist16 by xp-pen. When I go to its settings in Windows, it registers different levels of pressure sensitivity.

However when I choose the paintbrush in Sketchbook Pro 8.5.0 I cannot get the brush size, nor the opacity to change with how hard I press.

I can't really even get paint to mix in Sketchbook. Though I can do opacity.

Also, one other thing, on the brush puck, when I press and drag the pen, the brush size grows so slowly, it barely grows at all even when I cross the whole screen.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

This issue has been logged a couple of times in our system.

At this time, we don't support XP Pen tablets. We have only tested SketchBook with Wacom tablets. i.e. Intuos Pro or Cintiq's.

https://www.sketchbook.com/help/knowledge-base/tools-can-use-sketchbook/

I would contact XP Pen Support to see if they have any other suggestions.

Another 3rd party tablet that we don't support but I have some info on are deals with Huion Tablets:

https://huion.deviantart.com/journal/Huion-Driver-Setting-Tips-for-Windows-Users-531728963

David Lau
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Will the software work with any of the Wacom Cintiq tablets? I'm looking at the 13 and the 16 models.

Thanks for the update. I am returning my xp-pen display tablet.

Message 4 of 25
david.lau

They are supported.  We have tested/prefer:  Wacom Intuos Pro or any Cintiq tablet.

David Lau
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous

so thanks 4 free app, doesnt work with xp pen, and thats all you have 2 say? "we only test with wacom because we're the best, we only deal with the best?" what, are you guys in cahoots with wacom? briefcases of money being exchanged? I'll have you know xp pen works with all other apps fine, and tilt action is an unneeded gimmick.

look guys, its high time to recognize, wacom is entirely overpriced and takes advantage of those in the industry, as niche audience for specific tech needs is a cash grab. all the products lines are cheaply made screens from china, now that other companies are offering the similar technology cheaper, you want 2 refer to them as third party. well I'm looking forward to your dynasty of prudish business tactics 2 crumble! the internet has unfolded interests in drawing and graphic design like never before, with the advent of streaming and social media booms puts ART on top of the list of ones looking to broaden their horizons. you went free2 play because you already tried to brashly do what adobe did with subscriptions, but it didn't work to your benefit. so now your trying some other undisclosed angle to win an audience of suckers with your antique app. out of all the creative streamers I watch.. I seen like, 1 guy uses your program.  thanks 4 being one sided.

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous

I'm using XP-Pen Artist 13.3 and I also had no pressure sensitivity using sketchbook. I got it to work by checking the "windows ink" box in the PenTablet settings

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous

Are their any solutions for a Mac?

Message 8 of 25
david.lau

For the mac, you need to use a Wacom tablet.  We only support Wacom tablets.

David Lau
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous

Well - guess I'll be finding an alternative as I can't afford the thousand $$$ upgrade - Many people I spoke with before buying an alternative - are also looking for alternatives. The nice part about open source is there are always alternatives - a shame though, I was beginning to like Sketchbook

Message 10 of 25
Anonymous

try checking the 'windows ink' option in the tablet properties (bottom left corner)...It works well on my Deco 01.... Seems like Autodesk gets paid well from the big sharks to not try and support smaller brand as i dont think its much of a tough job to do.

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous

Enable windows ink in the pen tablet settings

Then open sketchbook and go to brush properties

in this window goto advanced tab and change the values under pressure as desired. 

Tested using xp-pen g640 in win 10

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous

As I said in my post – I am on a 2017 iMac

Message 13 of 25
david.lau

@Anonymous

For Macs, we only support Wacom tablets.  I have not been able to confirm that XP Pen or Huion tablets will work on SketchBook on Mac OS.

David Lau
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous

I figured it out and XP-Pen is working very well with my Macs. I am really glad there is an alternative to an extra $1K
Message 15 of 25
david.lau

@Anonymous

Please let us know what you did.  I will make it as a solution.  The community will THANK YOU as well.

David Lau
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous

I found link to your thread from this thread. Thats why i post the solution here.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/pen-pressure-sensitivity-not-working-with-xp-pen/td-...
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous

Honestly, I am a new Mac user – have used PCs for 25 years and recently switched because I got tired of MS blue screen of death and reformatting my hard drive. Anyway – what I did was start from scratch – I uninstalled with a version of “Clean your Mac” software and then did a clean install of the drivers (after making sure there were no remnants of any previous tablet drivers on my mac.  I also did a uninstall and clean install of the Autodesk software – and it started working. I am also sure that because I wasn’t very familiar with the sketchbook software, there probably were some settings I changed. I am sorry I don’t know exactly which ones.  Anyway – it’s working fine now.

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous

thanks ,

i almost spent a day for this watching you tube

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous

So, what's the solution? I've got deco 03, windows 8. I checked the ''windows ink'' box, but it didn't help

Message 20 of 25
david.lau

The solution has been tested with Windows 10 and it should work.  Windows 8.0 is not supported by Microsoft anymore.  I would upgrade to Windows 8.1 and try it again.  

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/15288/windows-8-update-to-windows-8-1

Don't forget to backup your data as before starting the update process.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report