SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My free trial is over and I couldn't download my sketches

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
560 Views, 5 Replies

My free trial is over and I couldn't download my sketches

I downloaded SketchBook for mobile a while ago. I didn't know it had a free trial, I thought it was a free version of the app so I didn't worry. I stopped using the app for a few months, and now I just came back. At first I couldn't open any of my sketches. It took so many time and then ended up opening a blank sheet. Searching on the internet I found out there's a free trial so I assume that's why I can't open the sketches. Anyway, I want to download my previous work but the only way I know is after opening the file, and as I said, I can't. I wanted to know if there's another way.

I hope someone can help me with this. 

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you on Mac/Windows/iOS/Android?

Mac/Windows - Files should be on the Hard Drive.

Android - The files should be in the /Autodesk/SketchBook3 folder

iOS - It is in the App via the "Gallery".  If you delete the app, you delete the sketches.

In iOS, if you sign in (older version) and sign out, the sketches should be in the Gallery.  Please try to sign in and it may allow you to access the gallery.

NOTE:  If you signed in a long time ago, it was only to access the Gallery to your local iOS/Android device.  Sketches are note linked to your account.  

Lastly, if you had enabled iCloud, sketches maybe in the iCloud folder.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/SKETPRO/ENU/?guid=SKETPRO_Help_sb_file_saving_use_icloud_html

David Lau
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

They didn't say they can't FIND the files, they said they can't OPEN the files and they just get a blank page when it does. Its one of the same problems others have been posting about that yall ain't fixed

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

The newest version doesn't have a free trial, its just free.

Only 2 things i can think of is that its either one of the bugs/glitches that autodesk won't fix or acknowledge as a problem with their app, or you were using an older version of the app. For some reason the newer/updated versions won't directly open things created with the older versions.

If your using android try this:

Open sketchbook

Go to gallery

Hit the + button

Choose the new from image

Pick my files

Internal storage

Find the autodesk folder

Find the sketchbook3 folder

The .tiff files are your projects

If you don't need(or didn't use) layers, you can also check the sketchbookpreview and temp folders in the autodesk folder. Those folders save images, but they don't save the layers

Doesn't always work, but sometimes it does.

If you keep using the app, be sure to make backups and to save often and save multiple copies. Lots of people have been having files randomly corrupt or disappear. Sketchbook doesn't save your work to a cloud, only on your device.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you! Sadly there weren't any .tiff files in any of the SketchBook3 folders. They were almost empty, and it's weird because I can still see the thumbnail in the gallery, so that image should be saves somewhere in my phone. And as you said, turns out the app is free, because I can still use it. But from now on, I'm gonna be more careful about my files, I'm gonna save copies in other formats and outside the app. It's disappointing to know that so many people had the same problem and no one from the staff is fixing it.
Anyway, I think your answer has been useful and I hope it helps someone else. Luckily I found a screenshot I took of my sketch while I was working on it. It isn't the full image, and it wasn't finished, but it's a good point from where to start all over again. So it's not that bad.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Your welcome! And thanks 🙂

Iirc, the reason the thumbnails were still there is because sketchbook saves a copy of your project as a .png file(no layers) and uses that as the gallery preview. To put it another way, it takes a screenshot and uses that as the thumbnail. Probably makes it easier on processors for scrolling through the gallery.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report