SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just,,, why?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
183 Views, 1 Reply

just,,, why?

a rant about saving.
how come, when it comes to *mobile*, ah yes, your beautiful phone canvas app, they have like a thousand backups and fail safes for the drawings? oh, you didnt save before you ***closed*** the app? oh don't worry, it's right there once you open it up again! oh, you deleted the drawing from the sketchbook gallery? don't worry, we have a little trashcan for you to double check and customize! 
Then, for the glorious and professional computer, your handy dandy PC or laptop...
nothing
just 3 suspiciously close buttons to close your app, save and quit, don't save, and cancel. ohhh boy, how beautifully close to 'cancel' is 'don't save', i can see a glorious future where i lose more than 2 hours of work due to some ****tily close buttons, and absolutely NOT A SINGLE WAY to recover said accidentally not saved drawings after i had to leave in a pinch.

Just... why?

Why couldn't you give computers the same great service as garbage 3 inch wide screens?

I'm incredibly upset with this problem that doesn't exist for dumbass phones but does for expensive PCs, or older ones, i can't even use this program on my old laptop if i wanted to.

It crashes every two minutes so it's pointless to even try having a project on it, because, unlike mobile, it won't save the drawing for me to get back to it even if the app crashed, while dumb phones get to rest easy as the drawing will never dissapear nomatter how many times the app crashes on them.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Oh, don't worry, android phones have lots of problems too, like projects not saving when you close the app, files randomly corrupting or just outright disappearing, the app deciding it doesn't want to open and instantly crashing every time you open it, files exported as .psd except they turn out as .png, not being able to use backup files by simply copying them into the correct folder, buttons and functions randomly disappearing or not working, plus the universal problems of a forum that's a pain in the %*# to use and a product support person who doesnt seem to actually read half the posts and only seems able to say variations of "delete and reinstall" and then ignores people when that doesnt work

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report