SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't edit my lagoon preferences

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
1847 Views, 20 Replies

I can't edit my lagoon preferences

I'm on a 8th gen Levono 920 with a Pro student sub for Sketchbook.

I can't customize my lagoons. Whenever I click on the bottom tab to change a option on the wheel- the bluelight grays out. I'm able to change the initial center top option as normal, but only that one; and only until I try to click on another option on the wheel. 

I can change the icons for the categories on the top as normal. Only the bottom tab is giving me issues.

I've done every combination of Factory reset and Uninstall/reinstall already and nothing.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you send me some screen captures on where you are having an issue?

David Lau
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I discovered a drag/snapping issue when switching between brushes with the touchpad. 
I show that first and then the Lagoon preference not responding to anything I try.

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous

I have the exact same issue, Sketchbook Pro on a MobileStudio Pro 16. Using the stand-alone version of Sketchbook, latest version, not the microsoft store version.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous

It has been 2 weeks and no one has even gotten back to me with a suggestion. Is there really only one person to handle all the troubleshoot inquiries on these forums?

Message 6 of 21
david.lau

@Anonymous

Can you plug in a mouse and confirm that it works?  SketchBook has been tested in Surface devices and not the exact model that you are using.

@Anonymous

The Mobile Studio should work but I would use the desktop version that can be installed here:

www.sketchbook.com/thankyou

David Lau
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous

That's the version I'm using. Tried with mouse, pen and touch; clicking the buttons on the lagoon wheel in settings is practically impossible, just as in the video posted above.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous

Same issue here  lagoon greys out  only the top icon can be changed. Mobilestudio Pro 16 with latest desktop build of sketchbook. Have reverted back to previous enterprise version.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous

I am having the exact same problem. I noticed it first with the latest version on a surface pro 2017 and also on my dell xps 15. 

On the surface, I was able to click on the border or just ouside the lagoon button and it would work 70% of the time however on my xps it is even more problematic.

Please help me resolve this issue it is really messing with my workflow.

Message 10 of 21
david.lau

This is what I am getting with the Lagoon on my computer.

https://autode.sk/2ldGBNe

@Anonymous . I need to exactly what do to to try to reproduce the problem.

David Lau
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous

so when I go to EDIT>PREFERENCES>LAGOON. it will only let me change the
item on the top of the lagoon and not let me select another to change. If
I select an action it only appllies it to the tip icon on the
lagoon...thank you for paying attention to this. it is disrupting my
workflow big time!!!~

I recorded my screen there is a video of the problem on my google drive
here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ko-gaTRjQyEYrd37X1OtnbhIsvZo8PNC/view?usp=sharing

Thanks you so much - Dakota

Message 12 of 21
david.lau

At 0:09 seconds, I noticed the Reset/OK/Cancel buton is really big.  Can you doing this:

https://www.sketchbook.com/help/knowledge-base/change-view/#view-sketchbook-on-a-4k-high-dpi-display

Also, I would use the free version of SketchBook if you are not using it. 

David Lau
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous

That solved my problem!! I did the scaling thing, Made my lagoon
selections, then un-did the scaling thing afterwards because I like the
original look better.

Worked like a charm, well done and Thank you!!!
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous

This solves it for me as well

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous

Hey, I got the same problem too for the sketchbook pro desktop version for my mobile studio pro 13 and the preference buttons are big as well, its not letting me make my preferences. I tried to follow the same thing with what you recommended which does work, tried it with the Mobile Studio Pro 16 but for some reason there's no check to override high dpi scaling behaviour with the Mobile Studio Pro 13. Please help.

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous

Hello? Ive yet to receive a response? Is there any way to fix the lagoon on Mobilestudio pro 13? Help please.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous

I found it under the compatibility tab, then under the "change high DPI settings" button, and finally changing "Override high DPI scaling behaviour. Scaling performed by:" to "system".

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous

Thanks for replying back to me so quickly but that only seems to work for the mobilestudio pro 16. I do not see it for the mobilestudio pro 13 and I do not understand why. I've attached a photo to show what I mean. I've opened property, went to compatibility and yet it does not show change high dpi settings.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous

That's curious, it should be right there. Does the MSP13 have a different OS from the 16? Windows 10 pro/home/business/whatever?

I don't have the "Disable display scaling" option that you have on my MSP16, but maybe it's differently worded. Have you tried checking that option to see if it works?

Do you have all the windows update? I know the fall creator update changed a lot of settings last year, so if you're not up to date with the updates that might be the difference. 

I would also check to update both graphics cards (MSP has two, one intergrated and one dedicated), and also the wacom drivers and firmware.

Message 20 of 21
david.lau

@Anonymous

Can you toggle (check on) the section called:    Disable display calling on high DPI settings.

Then try SketchBook?

Also, can you use this version of SketchBook?

The FREE version has the SAME features as the Enterprise version of SketchBook for this year.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report