SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glitches on my s8

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
302 Views, 3 Replies

Glitches on my s8

Alright, so lately since the update, I've been having a grand old time drawing. However, some big issues are that.

• The app closes randomly, no it doesnt come up as a crash (no pop up saying "Autodesk Has Stopped Working") just suddenly I'm in the home screen right in the middle of erasing, drawing, repositioning anything. Then my progress isnt saved.... naturally this throws motivation out the window and it stops any commissions I get.
  • Another issue is when I'm trying to input text, I'll be typing along and suddenly the keyboard just disappears. I don't know why and sometimes I can get it back by re tapping the text box a few times, however either it doesnt work, my screen freezes, or the keyboard disappears again and I cant get it back until i close and open the app again.
  • Another issue is layers, I can switch em around and stuff, however if I try to switch a layer around sometimes the app crashes or I just end up with a frozen screen or back to the home screen. Often it doesnt save progress after that.
  • Another thing is just random freezes, crashes (still no system pop up message)
  • When using the predictive stroke, sometimes the app crashes or just it doesnt process the line and I have to repeat the same motion,
  • The app significantly lags or freezes when I use a brush size over 100, (lag I figure is because of the processing however the freezing usually ends in a crash)
  • I dont have any screenshots/screencast (since I dont know how to do one yet, but if you tell me a vague how I can probably do it) since its basically just me being tossed out of app to homescreen, and the app always restarts even though it's still open. 
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Can I get the exact model of your S8?  We have one but it's the North American version.  Also, can you try to reset SketchBook to default via:  Apps > SketchBook > Storage > Clear data and Clear Cache and re-launch SketchBook?.

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

The model number is SM-G950U,

Also I did clear the cache, however I didn't delete the data since I'm unsure how to back up my art files without a computer.

Message 4 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

We just updated the App.  Please try:  5.1.5 from Google Play store.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report