Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire Tablet Not Entirely Free

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
448 Views, 2 Replies

Fire Tablet Not Entirely Free

I've been using Sketchbook for years, and have been having issued with it on the Fire Tablet. It seems like all the tools should be available on the fire tablet once you sign in with Autodesk (since the latest fully free version on every other OS doesn't seem to be present for Fire OS), but when I try to sign in through the app nothing happens. The Manage Account option doesn't allow for signing in and just takes me to the Sketchbook Website, so I'm not able to unlock all of the tools and brush settings on my Fire Tablet. Will there be an update to the app to fix this issue, or is the app stuck as it is on these devices?

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

The only way to get SketchBook on an Amazon Android tablet is via an download from the .apk file.  The best location for that to get is from:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/autodesk-inc/sketchbook-draw-and-paint/

I would get a newer version that doesn't have a login issue.  The problem is that the newer versions may not run will on older Android OS versions.   You are free to give it a try....

The image you sent appears to be from an older version of SketchBook that has a login option to get more features. In this case, I would try to get a newer version from APK mirror.

NOTE:  Amazon tablets may not have access to Google Play which would be our default for getting apps.

NOTE:  Can you confirm what version you are running so I can test somethings out as well.

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I'm running the last version available to Fire devices through the Amazon App store. Looks like it's Version 3.2. I see what you are saying, the only way to get the latest version of the app is through side loading. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report