SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't open the file !

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1014 Views, 1 Reply

Couldn't open the file !

hello , yestreday i was working on some drawings , i change the size of image and now its 27.9 Mo , so today the title exist but drawing not , so i click to open it a popup window appears saying that :
Sketchbook can’t open the file because it’s not a valid image, its format or its size is not supported, or I may not have read permission for it.

, and i tried to view it with other programs but with no hope , please can you suggest any solution ?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

I am so sorry but you may have lost the file.  I have seen this happen intermittently.  

Can you open the .tif file using Paint/Paint3D or Photoshop?

I would also start using the 'Save As" feature, this will add a number to the file automatically.  i.e.

File > Save > amy.tif > Save As > amy1.tif > work on it > Save As > amy2.tif, amy3.tif.  It will use the last name saved and add a number to it.   You are basically saving your 'progress'.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report