SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colour appears brighter and more saturated when I save my work

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1250 Views, 7 Replies

Colour appears brighter and more saturated when I save my work

I have this problem with the colour difference between my work while its still open in the sketchbook software on my Mac and when I save the work as a tiff, jpg, etc.

The colour shows as being significantly more vibrant and saturated when its saved  and its throwing off the colour schemes of my drawings 😞

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you send me a screen capture of the issue?  I want see in the screen capture, SketchBook with problematic file and the same file opened in Preview.

Thanks!

David Lau
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

This is how the colour appears in the softwareThis is how the colour appears in the softwareand this is how it looks after I've saved it and look at it as an imageand this is how it looks after I've saved it and look at it as an image

The colours, especially pastel colours appear way too bright 😞

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Hi!

I was wondering if you were able to find a solution, since I seem to be experiencing the same problem.

For now, I exported the file into another program and played around with the saturation until it somewhat looked like the picture I had originally drawn, but it took me a lot of time and it ended up not looking exactly like it's supposed to.

If there is a way of fixing this problem, I would really like to know. Otherwise, I will probably stop using this program. I don't see the point in using it if I can't export my work.

I'm hoping to hear from you. Thanks in advance!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I have this problem too. Images appear less saturated within SketchBook than they do within any other software, or within my file browser. Even by adjusting saturation in a separate program, I can't get colours to match the way they appear within Sketchbook. It's completely maddening.

I've tried different versions of SketchBook going back to SketchBook 6, and it happens in all of them.

Desperately hoping someone has some kind of fix or explanation for this.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Honestly I've left sketchbook I use procreate now, theres no colour issue on that, I suggest moving it's much better 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I've stopped using sketchbook since last year, I use procreate now, theres no colour issue on that it works much better I suggest moving it's worth it

Message 8 of 8
david.lau

Are you exporting the file to .png or .jpg  or .psd format or are you leaving it in .tif format?  When you open the file to compare it in SketchBook, are you using Photoshop/Preview?

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report