SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access installed fonts?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
1905 Views, 11 Replies

Can't access installed fonts?

Hello, this concerns Sketchbook on the iPad.

Since updating to IOS 14.1, I'm no longer able to access fonts I've installed to the ipad (using profiles via AnyFont app) within Sketchbook. I then updated to Sketchbook 5.1.7 in the hopes that the 'bug fixes' would sort this out, but no luck!

I think the fonts are there/accessible to Sketchbook, but just not appearing in the menu of fonts. I say this because I was still able to type with my installed font until I accidentally changed to another font, then I had no way of re-selecting my custom font (because it doesn't appear on the list).

I'm hoping this is an easy fix, and please could someone tell me whether this can be remedied? I REALLY rely on being able to access installed .otf fonts within sketchbook for my work, so I would be willing to pay for the time required to implement this fix, if that's what it takes.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information - I'll do anything to help make sorting this out easier/more likely.

Many thanks,

Tom

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
  • bug
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

This issue (iOS & Fonts)  has been escalated to the development team.  We are working on an update to hopefully resolve this issue ASAP.

David Lau
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Hi David, thanks for your reply and for clarifying. Really appreciate it!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Hello, I am facing this issue too. Noted that the problem is "solved" but I don't see any solution here. The fonts that I installed are working fine in other apps (e.g. notability). Pls help to fix this issue ASAP please!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Hello, I am facing this issue too. Noted that the problem is "solved" but I don't see any solution here. The fonts that I installed are working fine in other apps (e.g. notability). Pls help to fix this issue ASAP please!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

I’m battling the same issue. A key tool that I need to do my job has been rendered near-useless until this gets fixed.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Hi, has this issue been fixed? I still can’t get an installed font to work in SBpro for iPad. The font in question was working and then disappeared from the choices.

Any update?

Thanks!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Seems as if Autodesk mods are intentionally ignoring the plight of paying customers. David, is this true?

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Yes it really beggars belief that this still isn't resolved. This isn't a hard fix, and sitting on it for no discernable reason, especially whilst marking the issue as 'SOLVED', does real damage to Autodesks brand. What a way to damage confidence in your products. If Sketchbook for IOS is free, but going to degrade as a result, just make it open source as an actual public service, or charge for it again and keep it updated. The inbetween state serves no one's interests, and especially doesn't serve as a gateway into other Autodesk products. I'd go out of my way not to purchase from Autodesk as a result of this experience. You can literally find the code you need to change on the AnyFont website post!

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

I'm wondering if the fact that this issue is marked as solved means no one is looking at it anymore.

So, I've reposted the issue here: 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/sketchbook-forum/can-t-access-installed-fonts-in-sketchbook-pro-for-i...

Thanks!

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

I am so incredibly disappointed there is still no ETA on getting this issue resolved. I mainly use this program for my editing and creating and not being able to access installed fonts is truly awful. This has been an ongoing issue for almost if not over a year and when last reported it was the same response. I hope you consider expediting this issue as it is not a new issue. 

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

I had the same problem. I have been looking for fonts to download for a very long time. But when I found it, I decided to update the IOS and then I did not have the opportunity to use them, because the access was closed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report