SketchBook Forum
Hello Sketchbook Community Members! Sketchbook started a new exciting endeavor. This forum is now read-only mode. Please visit the new Sketchbook Help Center, https://help.sketchbook.com/ in the future. Happy sketching!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Wild Bug Appeared!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
711 Views, 5 Replies

A Wild Bug Appeared!

I was trying to draw Ironman from memory, and I encountered a weird bug that I never had before.
At first, it started to lag, but I thought that was natural as the canvas size I'm using is 5600x8000

Then, it started to open things like Steady Stroke, Ellipse Tool, Selection Tool, Text Tool while I was making some strokes.

This seemed weird, so I started to record my laptop screen with a video editor, and of course, being the unluckiest guy ever, the problems didn't showed up while recording.
Then, I thought that the problem  was solved, so I stopped recording, and as soon as I stopped recording it began once again, so this time I took my cellphone to record my laptop screen just to show what I'm talking about.

So, I'm attaching the .tiff file.
I'm a little jealous with my brushes, so if the .skbrushes file is needed, PM me and I'll send it to whoever reviews these nasty bugs.

I FORGOT:
Using Windows 10
Sketchbook 8.7.1 (NOT THE WINDOWS STORE VERSION)
Wacom Intuos Draw S

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the file,  I will test it on my Windows computer as well.

David Lau
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

Hello David! Just want to share something that happened some hours ago. So... I was practicing and testing custom brushes.
I don't believe the file is the issue... here's why, I'll explain:
I decided to paint a small and simple portrait.
At first I didn't had any problems, then, about 10 minutes later, I began to have this exact same problem again.

This time I didn't get too excited/mad about it, and I gently passed my stylus over the "affected area" and I noticed that the problem is that Sketchbook is bringing a completely invisible Tool bar.

This is the second time I've encountered the issue after well over a year of heavy Sketchbook use.

I of course recorded what happened... but I'm too lazy to edit and upload that video at the momment when I had the issue.
So I'm going to leave the whole video, and I'll point out the exact time when I had the issue, so you can see with your own eyes (and pass over the issue to the developers) that Sketchbook "shows" an invisible Tool Bar.

SO HERE'S THE VIDEO. FIRST SET THE SPEED AT THE LOWEST POSSIBLE, THEN CLICK AT THE 1:00 MINUTE MARK AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Message 4 of 6
david.lau

How much ram do you have?

What type of video card are you using? i.e. Brand & Model #

How many displays are you running and what is the resolution?  

If you open Display > Scroll down to "Scale & Layout", what is the resolution and scaling for your displays?

WIN DPI Issues (SurfaceBook 1st GEN): 3000x2000 @ 200 Scaling & Layout

WIN DPI Issues (Book + Cintiq 13):  1920 x 1080 @ 150 Scaling & Layout

Can you adjust your Set Priority for sketchbook.exe to a bit higher? (see attached image).

sketchbook.exe Set Priority Above Normal.png

David Lau
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

[QUOTE]How much ram do you have?[/QUOTE]
4GB with usable 3.86GB

[QUOTE]What type of video card are you using? i.e. Brand & Model #[/QUOTE]
Intel HD Graphics (with no number) 

[QUOTE]How many displays are you running and what is the resolution? [/QUOTE]
2 displays. 
My lap screen + VGA monitor.
Lap screen is at 1366x768 and Monitor 1920x1080

[QUOTE]If you open Display > Scroll down to "Scale & Layout", what is the resolution and scaling for your displays?[/QUOTE]
Lap Screen:
Lap.PNG
VGA Monitor
Monitor.PNG

[QUOTE]Can you adjust your Set Priority for sketchbook.exe to a bit higher? (see attached image)[/QUOTE]
Yes. It was at "Normal".
But I changed it to "High"

SPOILER ALERT: I don't know if I solved the issue or if it decided not to appear anymore. But I reseted everything to Factory Defaults, and I haven't encountered that invisible Tool Bar ever since.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hello David.
I'm here to let you know that this is happening again.

In order to reproduce the bug do the following:

Start Sketchbook (The Free Desktop Version)
With the Lagoon on the lower corner (either left or right) choose Hide UI.
Then, close the Toolbar.
Draw for some time and the Toolbar will reappear as an invisible Toolbar.
If it's not happening:
Close Sketchbook while the Toolbar is closed and while using Hide UI mode.
Open Sketchbook and it should open in fullscreen with no Toolbar.
Draw for some time and the Toolbar wil reappear as an invisible Toolbar.

I'm not sure if I have to reinstall Sketchbook to solve it, but I'm going to try that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report