Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 MES error messsage

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
PaulNielsen
578 Views, 6 Replies

2015 MES error messsage

I get the following message when trying to run a simulation:

** Error: the model is not available for this type of analysis!
** Error (-2)
** Job started : 0-00-00 00:00:00
** Job finished : 2015-03-30 14:28:44
** Total elapsed time : 0 (seconds)
!! Program aborted !

According to other posts this error message usually comes when filename contains a period ".".

However none of my files contains any periods. I have tried various methods with no change.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
KubliJ
in reply to: PaulNielsen

Hi Paul,

This error message can have a couple of causes.  In general, there is nothing wrong with your setup, the issue usually is because of file corruption, most often with the mesh.  The two solutions I've seen work the best is to either start over from scratch or remesh the model.  The complexity of the model generally determines which one to choose. 

If you have a very complex setup, then remeshing would be best.  But I recommend setting the mesh back to default, mesh, run a check model, then go back and remesh at the desired settings.  If you have complex geometry and meshing is difficult, then starting over again from scratch may be the best method.  For this route I recommend deleted the *.fem file and the *.ds_data folder before reloading the CAD.

James Kubli, P.E.

Please marked this as solved if your question has been answered.
Message 3 of 7
PaulNielsen
in reply to: KubliJ

I have already tried reloading the CAD in to a new simulation with no luck. I have also tried renaming every part, saving the model as a step file and importing the step into a new simulation with no luck. I have also refined the model in where there might be meshing issues, however a slightly different version of the geometry has been analyzed before without a hitch.

Message 4 of 7
PaulNielsen

Ok I have managed to pinpoint the issue. I have a variable pressure load which I need. When I suppress this load the simulation runs fine..

Message 5 of 7
KubliJ

Hi Paul,

Interesting that the variable surface pressure is causing the issue.  What is the function that you have added, and what version of windows are you using?  There appears to be a couple very specific issues with the way the function is defined that can cause problems.  If using windows 8.1 there is a bug with decimal points, it is only an issue if the OS is win 8.1.  The other issue is difficult to explain, but using a value of 0.0000041 fails, but using 4.1e-6 works.

Maybe post the equation for the function and we can take a look at it.

James Kubli, P.E.

Please marked this as solved if your question has been answered.
Message 6 of 7
PaulNielsen

We managed to do a workaround on this issue that worked out fine. I am currently working on windows 7.

I will however try the second option with the rewriting of the equation as my current equation in fact was 0.00####. I will get back to you with the results in this.

Message 7 of 7
PaulNielsen

Ok I have tested it now and realised the following.

1.234e-3 did NOT work for me. However, 1e-3 did.

As long as the decimal point is removed it seems to work fine. So this problem is semi-solved I would say.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report