Simulation Mechanical Forums (Read-Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Simulation Mechanical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Simulation Mechanical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Algor not fully importing surfaces

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
324 Views, 1 Reply

Algor not fully importing surfaces

I've tried to import my model via STEP & IGES but every time i import it from CREO parametri it fails to fully import all the surfaces properly. Some other similar desgins work properly. the STEP file look fine, just when i import it in the software (algor 2011) does not import it properly.

How can i fix this.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AstroJohnPE
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Fayseladen,

Version 2011 goes back a few years, so it really tests my memory Smiley Wink. But this is what I remember.

1. There were times when the model would not have looked correct, but it would mesh properly. By chance, did you try to mesh it? What happens during meshing?
  2. I thought that there was a checkbox somewhere on one of the dialogs under the Mesh menu related to "fast rendering" or "faster rendering". Either checking or unchecking that box would give a better representation of the surfaces and sometimes fix the meshing. I do not see that option listed in the documentation, so you will need to search the software for it. Hopefully, that will fix your issue. (If I remember correctly, the faster render option was unnecessary when the Autodesk Shape Manager was added to version 2013, so current users do not need to look for it.)
  3. The other thing to try, which is in the documentation, is the "Mesh > Feature Matching" command. This helps the software to merge common edges of two surfaces, etc. If this is the problem, changing the tolerance will help. 

For what its worth, your model imports and meshes okay with version 2014. I suspect that it will mesh with the current version (2015) and the soon-to-be-released 2016.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report