Community
Showcase Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Showcase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Showcase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d's

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
leandrav
326 Views, 1 Reply

3d's

Hi,

I am hoping for a bit of advise.

I have put together an assembly  of a shop that has some machines in it, in Inventor,

I would now like to create a walk through to present to customers.

I want it to be as realistic as possible and be as though i am walking in the shop and looking around, this way my customer can get a better idea of what the space will look like once built.

Is it possible to do this in Showcase & is Showcase the right program to be using?

Thanks

🙂

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
MarionLandry
in reply to: leandrav

Hi,

Yes definitly! YOu will need to generate a walk zone first. Go to the help file and read about the process. It's pretty straight forward.

Then you need to enter "presentation mode" to walk around your scene using the steering wheel.

Creating a walk zone will generate bounding box around your objects and walls which will prevent the viewer to walk through walls and objects while navigating the scene.

You can also decide to create a selections of animated cameras around the scene which will highlight some of the key views you are trying to demonstrate. 

This will be good for starting point and help if the user get confused. Because you know the scene very well, it's easy for you to walk around it. But for a new user, it can get confusing or feeling a bit nausious to walk around. A combination of pre-position animation, stills and options to walk around is the best approach. 

Good luck

Marion

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report