Announcements
The Scaleform forum is now read-only. Please head to the Gamedev site for product support.
Scaleform Forum (Read Only)
Scaleform enables developers to leverage the power of the Adobe® Flash® tool set to create powerful user interface environments for video games.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Phone 8.1 Error

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
556 Views, 2 Replies

Windows Phone 8.1 Error

Hi,

I'm building a universal Windows Store app targeting Windows 8.1, using Scaleform 4.4 (installed from sf_4.4.29_winrt_vc12_lib.exe).

There was no example project targeting the Phone, so I've successfully managed to create a fresh universal app in Visual Studio, importing the necessary projects and settings to build a Scaleform app.

My solution structure has an App.Windows project, an App.WindowsPhone project and an App.Shared reference project that's used by both the Windows and WindowsPhone projects. At this point all ofthe source is in the Shared project and the only real difference between the Windows and WindowsPhone project is the targeted platform toolset:

Visual Studio 2013 (v120) for Windows and

Windows Phone 8.1 (v120_wp81) for Windows Phone.

I'm able to compile and run a Windows version of the app. However I'm unable to successfully compile/run the Windows Phone app. When building the Windows Phone project I receive an error:

"error LNK1104: cannot open file 'fmodex_81_arm.lib'"

The source of this problem is on line 40 in Sound_SoundRendererFMOD.h (found at $(GFXSDK)\Src\Sound\). The 'fmodex_81_arm.lib' doesn't exist in this install of Scaleform.

I've tried changing this line to match line 60, which targets 8.1 and ARM:

#pragma comment(lib, "fmodexWSA81arm_vc.lib")

This allows a successful build of the application, however immediately upon deploying, an error occurs:

Unable to activate Windows Store app
'XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX_xxxxxxxxxxxxx!App'.
The AppName.WindowsPhone.exe process started, but the activation request failed with error. 'The app didn't start'.

I'm suspicious of my change, however after receiving the error I checked the output panel which showed the message:

The program '[992] AppName.WindowsPhone.exe' has exited with code -1073741515 (0xc0000135) 'A dependent dll was not found'.

The fmodexWSA81arm.dll is included in the project - which I assume is the dll referenced by fmodexWSA81arm_vc.lib. Although I'm not sure if this message is overly useful...

I've done a search for people recieving the same error and there appears to be a few causes. I've tried the following solutions to no avail:

• Checked no App.config exists in the project.
  • Cleaned the project.
  • Checked the platform targets in the configuration properties.
  • Repaired Visual Studio.

Is there an update to the version of Scaleform I have, or a sample project available somewhere of a working Windows Phone 8.1 app? Otherwise is there a solution or change needed to the project that I can make to get the app successfully running on Windows Phone 8.1?

Thanks

Geoff

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

So is it possible to retarget it to windows 8.1? I mean when I try to upgrade it I receive errors saying that libraries where built using another version of vs (which is obvious) Is is possible to have the libraries compiled for that version?

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No it's not possible. The libraries will need to be re-compiled to target 8.1.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report