Robot Structural Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Robot Structural Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Robot Structural Analysis topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wind simulation - wind velocity profile from Real Wind Tunnel

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bartycorrea
376 Views, 2 Replies

Wind simulation - wind velocity profile from Real Wind Tunnel

Hello,

I'm doing a college project to compare wind pressure coefficients obtained in a real wind tunnel test and parameters obtained in CFD simulations. By now the software chosen for these simulation is RSA 2023.

The difficulty I found was to insert the wind speed profile adopted in the real test into the Robot.

After searching a bit I found this old article referenced by Autodesk https://bimandbeam.typepad.com/files/robot-structural-analysis-professional-wind-simulator-validatio...

I would like to know if anyone has clearer information on how to perform this wind profile insertion.

@Rafacascudo @StefanoPasquini6790 @okapawal @Rafal.Gaweda 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @bartycorrea 

Wind profiles can be defined in CSV files. They are stored in

C:\Users\%your_login%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Robot Structural Analysis Professional 2023\CfgUsr\Wind Profiles

Example of wind load profile file attached

You can open it from Wind profile tab

Krzysztof_Wasik_0-1653840566531.png

Krzysztof Wasik
Message 3 of 3
bartycorrea
in reply to: bartycorrea

Hi @Krzysztof_Wasik 

I'm having some trouble checking the wind loading generated on some of the cladding panels of my model. For example:

bartycorrea_0-1654552544336.jpeg

In some of the panels of this coverage the loads are generated normally, but in others nothing appears (even in the load table...) would you know how to help me with this problem?

In case you want to take a look at the .rtd file I can send it (it's version 2023)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report